cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Olive_Green
Adept I

Zen 3 processors are way more expensive in Korean market.

I understand that when the demand is lager than the supply, the price goes up. 

But I think something goes wrong. Many sellers don't sell out.  With a few products, they keep updating

their price day by day. So in Korean online market, 5000 series are  

5900X : more than $ 786.84

5800X : more than $ 660.49

5600X : more than $ 442.7

which is much higher than AMD Offering. I'm not sure that when the supply is enough,  the price quickly go back to be normal.

2020-10-8, AMD revealed Zen 3 processers.  And the 5600X price was $2992020-10-8, AMD revealed Zen 3 processers. And the 5600X price was $299

2020-12-10, Many sellers sell 5600X more than 480,000 won2020-12-10, Many sellers sell 5600X more than 480,000 won

2020-12-10, 480,000 won is value as $ 442.7 in present currency2020-12-10, 480,000 won is value as $ 442.7 in present currency

1 Solution

The good thing about waiting isn't even just the price is better. Usually you have bios & chipset driver updates that fix stability issues in the first few months. Early adopting can be a painful experience and worth avoiding anyway IMHO. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Obviously world wide demand is at the highest it has probably ever been. I have heard that in addition to the demand causing higher prices another factor is a lot of the prices are higher because they are flying the shipments into areas and that additional air freight is getting passed along to consumers too. If you can wait a few months it will probably normalize and be at MSRP again. 

It's the taxes and import fees. Same thing in Europe, where most countries have sky high taxes.

In US, is only the sales tax, which is not that high (7-8% depending on state).

What can I say, pure capitalism has benefits.

WOW,  I appreciate for replying.

We could think tax and shipment fee. I miss thing that several weeks ago, sellers proposed

5600x as 376000 won = $345.78. They are pricing up due to shortage. What I can't understand is

why they don't sell out all products and display 'sold out' page.

It is not AMD's fault or AMD Korea's. It is bad distribution market of Korea.

I hope price to be normal as soon as possible.

0 Likes

This is an effect of capitalism too and is not limited to Korea unfortunately ... supply is low (amd themselves are struggling to even get CPUs for RMA) while demand is skyrocketing, meaning :

- They still manage to do sales at those high prices, so why would they bother lowering their margin ? they're in the business to make as much money as they can

- Their suppliers also are likely raising prices as other resellers who already are sold out are trying to get them too

In the end of the day, there is not much difference between a reseller and a scalper in this regard ... we as customers vote with our money, and if everyone refused to buy at mark-up prices from resellers, they'd just have to get back to MSRP, but as long as people are willing to pay a premium to get them faster, why would they be refusing that extra cashflow ?

Also, don't expect the announced MSRP anywhere else then in the US, my cpu bought direct from amd on release date was pricier then announcements due to tax, import fees AND usual messed up $/whatever currency conversion rates industry do apply to any non US country ...

I'm very appreciating for your help.

Yes, you're absolute right. Rational customers who are in this situation stop buying and wait until 

price to be lower. So do I. Besides, they are also willing to use US Amazon, New Egg etc to avoid 

domestic resellers. (Even they have to pay extra fee or abandon RMA)

Direct comparison between US market and different country market might be meaningless.

I just wanted to deliver how Zen 3 processors price rapidly increase. After one day from my post, resellers

raise up from 480,000 won to 484,570 won. lol

These days are very hard time for PC lovers.

Have a nice day. :smileyvery-happy:

2020-12-112020-12-11

0 Likes

The good thing about waiting isn't even just the price is better. Usually you have bios & chipset driver updates that fix stability issues in the first few months. Early adopting can be a painful experience and worth avoiding anyway IMHO.