cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

joaoferreira
Journeyman III

Re: XMP profile RAM 3200 Mhz and AMD warranty policy for Ryzen processors

I have posted also an issue with my ram, i've update my msi x470 gaming pro bios, and after that , my gskill flare x 3200 cl14, don't pass 2400mhz,i have 4 sticks 32G, try only with 1 or 2 or 4, and  xmp profile don't work, im going crazy with this. can anyone try to help me. thanks

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

It is unlikely that all 4 sticks of ram are bad but not impossible. Is that ram definitely on the QVL for that motherboard? If not the motherboard may not be assigning the correct timings. Being flarex I would assume it is but make sure. I think they I would ask GSkill support, maybe they have had complaints with that board or can offer some suggestions. If they can't help then talk to MSI support and ask the same. Unfortunately these issues can be the memory, motherboard and less often the CPU. 

0 Kudos
joaoferreira
Journeyman III

This ram is this one, im also now having windows issues, could the windows make this happen also? I have this mobo and ram and cpu for 2 years, with no issues, now i don't feel the system stable enough, do you think a format could help?pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
pokester
MVP

Okay so that is good information that your hardware worked well for 2 years. So what changed is the question?

Windows corruption is a real thing. Also any number of things to new hardware, updated drivers, Windows updates or basically any change can affect things. For instance did you install a new GPU or even a new Mouse and driver furring this time frame when things changed? You did mention an obvious red flag that now knowing the system was fine for 2 years I think is the obvious place to start. I would regress that bios a version if possible and see if that helps. Before doing this I would speak to the motherboard makers support department about the issue arising after the bios update for their input and if they agree on regressing bios. If that ends up not helping, I think that reloading Windows while time consuming is a logical and cheap place to start. You could also install Windows to another drive if you have on without disturbing your current installation to test if that helps. If that does not help it likely is not software related. A failing power supply can cause issues. So can a motherboard. I still think it is not likely all your ram went bad and since you have appropriately already tested that, and we now know it worked for 2 years rule that out. 

0 Kudos
peterq94
Adept II

"The RAM manufacturer determines the XMP profile. Choosing XMP can only damage RAM. There is no possibility of damaging another part...."

I readed ROG forum and some users have problem with X570 motherboards after enable XMP profile. Their system was not stable and their damaged SSD drive so XMP can damage other components.

Manufacturer like ASUS in QVL list wrote that parameters above JEDEC standard are not guaranteed - "・The stability and compatibility of XMP memory kits that operate beyond the JEDEC standard is not guaranteed because it can be affected by the capabilities of the CPU’s integrated memory controller, installed devices, and the operating frequency of associated bus domains.". So if memory XMP kits are on QVL list is not guaranteed that this will be work stable and with no issues.

0 Kudos
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Yes. I tried to say exactly that you wrote. So the system will not be damaged. But stabilization will decrease. For this reason, XMP profiles were created. However, this profile will not be guaranteed to work. However, you can manually arrange it according to your processor and chipset pair and stabilize it with BIOSs RAM timing settings. Never change the operating voltage of your RAMs. High voltage may cause damage...

0 Kudos