cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

X4 760k 2 CORES AND 2 THREADS ONLY

HELLO PLEASE HELP ME RESOLVE MY PROBLEM BECAUSE WHEN I INSTALLED MY X4 760K IT SHOWS 2 CORES AND 2 THREADS IN TASK MANAGER EVEN IN BIOS I CANT GET IT TO SHOW 4 CORES IT ONLY SHOWS ONE CORE PER COMPUTE UNIT (CORE 0 & 2)

No description available.No description available.

0 Likes
2 Solutions

UPDATE

Ok i have resolve the issue and i got it running on all cores all i have to do was change it to auto bios and reset windows or clean install and i have it working on all cores

thank you to everyone that has replied in this discussion

ManongPC_Builder_0-1634886784215.png

View solution in original post

hitbm47
Forerunner

Hi @ManongPC_Builder 

Yes "auto" is the correct setting, or like the others suggested you can simply "Reset defaults" in the BIOS settings.

That seems like an awesome CPU man, you can also probably upgrade/side-grade it for an APU version like the A10 7850k. I have read people then Crossfire it with something like an R7 360, but I guess you already have it paired with a strong dedicated GPU?

Kind regards

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ryzen_type_r
Challenger

Seems to me like you should change that setting to Auto.  Anything else will reduce the number of cores seen by the OS.

Do a CLEAR CMOS to reset your BIOS back to factory default and see if it shows all the processor's cores being recognized.

Or do it via BIOS itself if it has that function to reset BIOS back to default.

UPDATE

Ok i have resolve the issue and i got it running on all cores all i have to do was change it to auto bios and reset windows or clean install and i have it working on all cores

thank you to everyone that has replied in this discussion

ManongPC_Builder_0-1634886784215.png

hitbm47
Forerunner

Hi @ManongPC_Builder 

Yes "auto" is the correct setting, or like the others suggested you can simply "Reset defaults" in the BIOS settings.

That seems like an awesome CPU man, you can also probably upgrade/side-grade it for an APU version like the A10 7850k. I have read people then Crossfire it with something like an R7 360, but I guess you already have it paired with a strong dedicated GPU?

Kind regards

Thanks man ill try if i can find a A10 - 7850k in my country but thanks for your reply

Hi @ManongPC_Builder 

Thank you for the solution, although I do think the others deserved it before me. An A10-7850k will perform similarly with the only benefit being that it has Integrated Radeon Graphics which is why it gets called an APU.

By today's standards the integrated graphics are not strong, but I think in those days it could run; for example, DotA 2 on High settings. Some people even played Modern Warfare 2 on it.

Might I ask what GPU you have?

Kind regards

Thank you again for your reply my friend and to answer your question i have a gtx 460 768mb on my pc

Hi @ManongPC_Builder 

I think it would then be better to wait until you want to do large upgrades, or you can get a GTX 1060 if it is on a good price, since your CPU will handle it fine in 60% of games, but not in new games.

Kind regards