cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

X399 Chipset Issues ( Not Passthrough AFAIK )

I have an ASUS Rampage V edition 10 and an ASUS X399a.

On both machines I installed ASUS XGC-100C 10Gbe nics, on both machines they are seen ; however neither machine can ping one another after being setup with a class C ip address and subnet, I.E 192.168.1.x with a netmask of 255.255.255.0. - Both will work with the NICs connected to a switch at 1GB - end result ASUS said return the cards so that is what I did - which brings us to today.

I brought two Mellenox ConnectX2 SFP nics and a Cisco 5m Cable and repeated the above process, the R5E10 no problems, the X399a saw the NIC once when i first loaded up and showed an error 43, so deleted the driver and rebooted - this was the last time this card was seen.

Tried the card in all of the slots on my motherboard with and without my raid controller - not seen.

Tried the card in my R5E10 and put the card from my R5E10 on the X399 i.e swapped the cards between the two PC's

R5E10 - card found, X399a - not seen.

I am going batty here trying to sort this out and am quickly coming to the conclusion that there is either a fault in the X399 motherboard bios ( after reading about other PCIe issues with X399 online ) OR that there is a problem in the X399 chipset related to PCIe, either way I want this sorted as it has cost me a lot of time, effort, energy and money to set this up - and I'm getting to the point that I feel like returning this stuff and going with the devil I know - namely Intel - which I don't want to as they lost a lot of trust from me after the whole Spectre etc debacle. But it comes down to this - I need something that just works the way it's meant to.

0 Likes
41 Replies

No both cards are detected when used on my other Windows 10 machine

perfectly fine, both show PXE boot messages on that machine and are

detected in Windows 10.

The only difference between the two basically is motherboard and CPU, one

is an ASUS Rampage V Extreme Edition 10 with an Intel 6900K the other an

ASUS X399 Prime A with an AMD 1900x, apart from that the two machines are

virtually identical.

0 Likes

falloutboy, I know we have been here before - but again:  Please try an older UEFI.  If you have Secure Boot enabled, turn it off and vice versus.  Try CSM Enabled/Disabled and various.  Just random thoughts while ASUS contemplates their navels.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes