Did you mean: 

Processors

nova_1
Newcomer

x

x

0 Likes
7 Replies

It's not thermal throttling, it's just hitting the power limits set by your motherboard. Raise them in BIOS.

0 Likes

My MSI X570 has my CPU figured out properly and the RAM I have is also working.

Now Batman uses Denuvo and playing that at 3840x2160 is brutal. My R5 3600 is saturated which seems to be throttling the framerate more than the RX 480.

My rig does not get warm. Cooler Master HAF 932.

0 Likes

is that safe to do? I think its set pretty high by default on the crosshair viii hero?

0 Likes

Oh they'll go higher, even on my Crosshair VI Hero they'll go up to 255A. You'll run into thermal throttling before hitting these values. When I was testing my OC I used a starting voltage of what I saw in Turbo of 1.4v, and even under an AIDA64 cache stress test under those conditions I only hit about 90A. Granted you have 4 more cores, it's still not going to approach 255A.

I also saw this Reddit thread. It is 9 months old and may no longer apply, but using DOCP in BIOS may actually limit the CPU speed, so this may actually be the cause of your problem if ASUS didn't fix it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/cc4osz/asus_crosshair_viii_hero_docp_is_limiting_cpu/

Oh thanks a lot, but I don't know my way around bios to much, would you have a guide for me on how I can raise them in bios? Or what do I have to set to which value etc?

0 Likes

I can't as I don't have your board.

0 Likes

nova_1 wrote:

Oh thanks a lot, but I don't know my way around bios to much, would you have a guide for me on how I can raise them in bios? Or what do I have to set to which value etc?

Make sure you have the latest BIOS installed and use the optimal defaults

UEFI is not enabled by default so use that for secure boot etc

0 Likes