Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

benawhile
Journeyman III

wraith stealth cooling fan noise

Hi

I purchased a Ryzen 3 2200 with Wraith Stealth cooler supplied. Overall it is much quieter than my previous old hardware, but the cpu fan makes a kind of quiet moaning sound, which is distracting especially when the fan speed varies according to pc use. The moaning pitch  rises and falls also. Unfortunately I didn't get the whole system running until 3 weeks after I purchased the cpu and fan, and I only have 7 days left to return it on Amazon if I need to.

What I'm asking is, is there a way to verify if the noise is usual for this item, as it sounds more than just air rushing, and if I can use the warranty service here to give notification of reporting a problem to save me running out of time to return?

0 Likes
1 Reply

You can always open a AMD WARRANTY REQUEST and ask them if that is normal from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

Once your Amazon Warranty expires you can now use AMD Warranty services for both your Processor and bundled CPU Cooler. The processor you purchased sealed in a official AMD Box has a three year Warranty from AMD.

0 Likes