cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kaiproberts
Journeyman III

Wraith Prism Installed Upside Down. Can the metal clip on the prism hold the weight?

Basically the title. Are the two metal clips equivalent in their ability to hold the weight of the wraith prism cooler? I installed it upside down but my temperatures look good.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Can you clarify what you mean you installed it "Upside Down". It is impossible to install any CPU Cooler upside down.

Can you post an image of your upside down installed CPU Cooler?

Also show the clips on the side how they are connected to the Motherboard.

Or are you talking about the actual Wraith CPU Cooler Fan is installed upside down on the Heat sink?

The CPU Cooler fan air flow is going upwards instead of downwards towards the Heat sink and CPU/Motherboard?

From what I read it is best to have the air flow downwards towards the CPU and Motherboard rather than the Air flow blowing upwards away from the CPU and motherboard. It seems it will work the same both ways but it is best to have the Air flow go downwards rather than upwards.

0 Likes

The tension clips are far more secure than most realize. The tension is designed not just to hold the CPU cooler but to keep it tensioned against the CPU to allow the thermal contact to be as narrow as possible.

0 Likes