cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

iswha
Journeyman III

Wraith prism handle doesn't go down all the way

So i was installing my 3700x and wraith prism that came with it and i followed a guide on youtube and i clipped the one side in and then the other one, but when i tried pulling the handle from left to right it's like the handle couldn't go any further without breaking it and i mean it was close to breaking it. It looked like it was only pushing down one side.

I've already tried reseating the cpu and trying again with the cooler but nothing seems to work. And please don't say i need to push harder.

0 Likes
4 Replies
benman2785
Big Boss

it needs some force (not that much thou) and wont break this easily

if you are unsure bring it to a pc-shop

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
iswha
Journeyman III

The handle broke off when i put some more force on it and there are no computer shops nearby.

0 Likes

I suggest using the wraith cooler which is mounted on the motherboard and does not use the clip

I removed the clip on mine so I could install my cooler

0 Likes
c_robby
Journeyman III

It's a beautiful thing when the CPU locks into place.I'm sure you know (Feels like perfect metal on metal).-There is no "give" in those connectors... take time to make sure the CPU is in position.

0 Likes