cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

karagilanis
Journeyman III

Windows Server 2019 and ryzen 7 3700x

Hello, I wanted to ask a question. i want to build a server with windows server 2019 using the following parts. I wanted to ask if there is a compatibility problem with the ones I have selected. and if i can find drivers for them 

- AMD CPU Ryzen 7 3700X (AM4/3.6 GHz/36 MB) (AM4/3.6 GHz/6 MB)
- MSI Motherboard X570-A Pro (X570/AM4/DDR4)
 Thank you in advance

0 Likes
3 Replies

You might try posting this question at AMD Server Gurus‌ for Server type questions.

As for compatibility, you need to go to your motherboard's Support Driver download site to make sure you have the correct BIOS/UEFI version installed on your motherboard for your Ryzen 7 3700X Processor: Support For X570-A PRO | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

Then you need to to go the the Motherboard's QVL List for compatible RAM MEMORY for the RX-3X00 Processors: Support For X570-A PRO | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

There it also shows compatible VGA, Devices, and Storage hardware for your motherboard.

Plus install the latest CHIPSET from your Support download page: Support For X570-A PRO | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

0 Likes

Thanks for the quick reply.
as i can see these drivers are for windows 10 64b, but I am interested in windows server 2019. are these drivers compatible with windows server 2019

can the processor, motherboard, compatible ram, and other components (lan, audio, raid, chipset) work perfectly with windows server 2019?
Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

From what I have read, Windows Server 2019 in based on Windows 10 so Windows 10 Drivers should be compatible.

Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10 version 1809 use the same base codes per Wikipedia: Windows Server 2019 - Wikipedia 

Also this Tech site says all Windows Server OS are based on Windows 10 Consumer version: What Is Windows Server and How Is It Different From Windows? 

The difference is that Windows Server OS is built for many computers and larger type hardware whereas Windows 10 desktop is built for one computer.

So Windows 10 drivers will work in Windows Server unless the hardware you need indicates a special Windows 10 Server type driver.

0 Likes