cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Windows power plans and the ryzen 5 2600

Hi,

I'm currently running windows 10 and i noticed the addition of a new powerplan that is added to the powerplan menu. 
This plan is called Balanced AMD powerplan << optimized for ryzen processors and what this does effectively, based on the options i can view, is pressing the Ryzen 5 into 90% to 100% of its max frequency ( either from 3,3 to 3,4 ghz or with powerboost 3,8, 3,9 ) even for idle. 

Is this really the most optimal running state for everything i do on my p.c. // browsing, listening music, watching video's etc ? 

0 Likes
3 Replies

Ryzen Balanced splits the difference between Windows Balanced and High Performance plans, having -slightly- less performance than High Performance but -slightly- higher performance than Balanced, but saving -slightly- more energy than High Performance and -slightly- less than Balanced.

0 Likes

Oke, so the recommended balanced windows powerplan remains the to go choice when you don't plan on performance duties?

0 Likes

so guys. the theme after windows may update is BACK. cheers. my personal experience is ,and now listen carefully. with win1803 and winpowerplan cpu idles at 0,8xx Volt and temps 33-38,thats ok. bUT after fresh install of win10 1903,newest AMD drivers or drivers from MSI manufacturer ,cpu is running at 3,6ghz-3,9ghz which was not able reach before and  at 1,32V and 45 degrees in IDLE state. with AMD power plan cpu goes 3,4 or 3,5 no matter what but at 1,2xx Volt and temp is 43 degrees. whats going on ?? setting in bios is auto for cpu of course. no issues with system, but temperatures are surprising. any advice??

0 Likes