cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

LtWinter
Journeyman III

Windows 10 won´t boot after installing 5600x

I just changed from 2700X to 5600 X. BIOS flashed to the latest version?

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

LtWinter, you must install a fresh copy of W10 when changing processor.  John.

You don't have to install a fresh copy of windows thats just wrong

You can run the same windows install on any CPU you want at anytime

0 Likes

If you don't have the correct BIOS version installed on your Motherboard according to your Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST it won't be recognized and it won't boot up.

Once you post your computer's information than someone can check to see if your Motherboard supports the new CPU and if you have the correct BIOS version installed.

If you do have the correct BIOS version installed and your motherboard supports the new processors then you need to post any Trouble LED that are lit when you try to boot up.

NOTE: You mentioned you flashed to the latest BIOS. Does the latest BIOS support the new processor?

0 Likes

Since your PC can't boot into Windows it doesn't matter which version of Windows you have installed or doing a clean Windows installation will be of any help since Windows never is enabled during the boot process.

Once you are able to actually boot into Windows then you can decide whether you need to install Windows  again or not.

0 Likes
jerkwagon
Adept I

you should explaing what motherboard youhave, coming from a 2700 i can assume you have a b350?  From what i understand you can not use the 5000 series cpus with 350 motherboards. 

the guy who said you need a fresh install with a new CPU doesnt know what he is talking about either. 

Didn’t have anything like secure boot enabled ..? Have heard that can be a pain when changing MOBO CPUs,..?

0 Likes