Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ateanui
Adept I

Windows 10 crashes with ryzen 7 2700x

Hello everyone,

For several weeks my pc has been crashing, but when it crashes all I can do nothing more than pressing the restart button on my tower.

My config:

Ryzen 7 2700x

Asus tuf b450-plus gaming

16gb of ram (2x8) 3200MHz

RTX 2060 oc 6gb

Aerocool KCAS 650G 80 plus gold

My config is brand new 1 or 2 months. And since I had 3200MHz ram bars, I activated the D.O.C.P in the bios to run my ram at 3200 MHz instead of 2400 MHz. What I didn't know was that my processor supports max up to 2933MHz. My pc then started to crash several times a day and when I restart it, in the event viewer there is a critical kernel power 41 error. I then deactivated the DOCP and reset the bios, then it has less plant once or twice a day or even once a week. I also reinstalled windows and do ram tests with memtest86 and prime95 for the procs but nothing to find 0 errors.

Was it my processor that took a hit or the motherboard or some other component?

Thanks in advance for your answers

0 Likes
10 Replies
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

This is a user to user English language only Support Forum.

There are many freely available online tools that you can use to translate your posts into English. Please make use of these tools before posting.

0 Likes
ateanui
Adept I

Thank you I just made the modification

Ryzen 2000 series can support DDR4-2933 maximum

You may need to overvolt your memory to stabilize it. I had to do that on my B350 and X470 boards.

0 Likes

2600x  and 2700x ,Crosshair VII X470 board 3200Mhz stock 1.35v 

2700x x470.jpg

0 Likes

Lucky for your to get the RAM stable at that speed. I use DDR4-3200 with 16-18-18-38 timing which works with my R5 3600 perfectly.

Ryzen 3000 series support DDR4-3200 which is what the infinity fabric works at. Ryzen 2000 work at DDR4-2933 which is their infinity fabric is set at.

The infinity fabric is AMD speak for the internal bus on the die between logical subunits etc.

0 Likes

I doubt it's RAM related. If it were you'd have other issues as well, such as graphical artifacts, programs crashing or exhibiting erratic behavior, or a BSOD with errors such as "page fault in non paged area" or "system memory at 000000x000000 could not be read" followed by an automatic restart. It is -possible- it's the RAM, especially if it's an off brand or one which isn't on the QVL list. Have you updated the BIOS on your motherboard?

And Ryzen processors have always worked with DDR4-3200, just not all brands and models. G.Skill Flare RAM, for example, was designed for Ryzen processors and runs fine on them at 14-14-14-32, and some motherboards have QVL lists with RAM working fine over 4000mhz.

0 Likes

I am using G.Skill Flare X DDR4-3200 with 16-18-18-38 timing.

Performance has been excellent with 4x8GB installed.

When drivers are fixed my team red fanboy box runs very well.

0 Likes
ateanui
Adept I

Hello

I updated everything as well as the bios and my ram is T-FORCE DDR4 GAMING DELTA

0 Likes
ateanui
Adept I

now I can no longer increase the frequency even below 2933 MHz the pc restarts 4 or 5 times before starting
0 Likes
ateanui
Adept I

What if I try an older version of the bios?
0 Likes