cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

JosephFelice
Adept I

Windows 10 20H2 causing overheating with Ryzen 7 3700x, B450 Tomahawk max, RX 5600 XT

Before I updated to latest update in Windows 10 my computer ran cool while gaming but now my computer is running hot after the update which is causing crashing and freezing in games. Not just that but it seems to be running hotter even before gaming. This update has caused issues. I do have the chipset for ryzen 7 3700 installed. I do not know what is going on. 

0 Likes
4 Replies

To eliminate the latest Windows update try uninstalling it and see if the overheating continues.

If it does continue to overheat then download MS Troubleshooter that will block that Windows Update from being installed.

If after uninstalling the Windows update and the issue continue then you need to continue to troubleshoot the issue and reinstall the latest Windows Update again.

0 Likes

That isn't a solution because this Windows update allows me to have handbrake. I can't install certain things without this update. I spent about 3-5 days with previous update before deciding to update to Windows 10 and I know Windows 10 20H2 is causing the issue because I recently reinstalled Windows 10 because of overheating issues. Microsoft is a cruddy company and is not properly supporting something like my b450 tomahawk max or ryzen 7 3700x. 

0 Likes

Okay I'm going to have to reinstall Windows 10 again and make sure not to update it. I can't let my computer parts run hot like this. Microsoft needs to fix this broken operating system and Amd needs to work with Microdick. I mean Miropenis. 

0 Likes

I’d be surprised if a Windows update is causing the issue. Personally I’d check for firmware/driver updates for all my components, then repaste and remount my hardware before reinstalling Windows.