cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cervantes
Adept I

Win11 ftpm for ryzen 7 5800X

I downloaded PC Health to check if my computer is Win11 compatible and I noticed that I'm missing the TPM 2.0. I went into the BIOS of my Asrock B550M Pro4 to enable AMD CPU ftpm  under advance settings and the security boot under security settings. Reboot Windows 10 and use the PC Health app and I still have the same issue. Is there something else I need to do in order to be Win11 Compatible? Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
9 Replies
Tamim1
Adept I

So any suloution for this i have the same thing with msi gaming edge wifi x570 ? or should i buy an external TPM module ? 

0 Likes

I have successfully enabled the fTPM from my AMD Ryzen CPU and installed Windows 11 Pro, below are the steps to enable it, keep in mind that every motherboard BIOS is different, I'm using a B550M Pro4 from Asrock. Before anything ensure your have the latest BIOS and software update in your motherboard, this software will be different from different motherboard manufactures ensure to check your motherboard manufacture website support and software updates before anything else, keep in mind that I am not responsible for any mistakes that could happen when flashing your BIOS, do this at your own risk if you are comfortable doing it or take your equipment to a IT professional.

1. Under Device manager make sure that AMD PSP 11.0 Device is active and have no errors. In my case I had to download AMD chip set to update the drives for my AMD PSP.

2. In BIOS enable the  CMS (Compatibility Support Module), save your changes and restart computer back into the BIOS. I did one change at the time also to troubleshoot in the event this didn't work.

3. Back in BIOS enabled Secured Boot. In my motherboard UEFI is under Security Tab and you can only enable it after the CMS is disabled.

4. Under my Advance Configuration. I click on CPU Configuration and at the bottom of the menu select AMD ftpm and enable that option. Save your changes and exit and boot into Windows 10.

After I logged back into my operating system, I went back to the Device Manager and I noticed that under Security Devices my AMD PSP 11.0 Device and the Trusted Platform Module 2.0 were both enabled.

Log into the updates, under the windows insider program and was able to download and successfully install Windows 11 Pro and currently using it.

If you have a recent AMD or Intel CPU and your computer is a DYI you may not need to buy a DTPM, you may be able to enable your fTPM using your BIOS. Since the Win11 requirements came one the TPM modules prices skyrocket if you can find them. Microsoft is not making it easier for people that have never delt with BIOS flash

I know this was a lengthy post but I hope I can help to solve some people the issue that I encounter.

kurdtnz
Adept III

Is your boot drive MBR or GPT? It needs to be GPT.

0 Likes

Actually, sorry, Im getting a little ahead of myself, is your BIOS set to Legacy or UEFI?

0 Likes
Tamim1
Adept I

I am using UEFI but i did try to switch to Legacy. It didn't help.

Thats ok, it needs to be set to UEFI. If you dont know what your drive is set to, either MBR or GPT try this,Ok, right click the windows icon on the bottom left, select 'disk management' You'll get a new small window that lists your drives, (ie disk 0 disc 1 etc) now right click on your boot drive and select 'properties' another small window will open, then click on 'volumes' and it will tell you there if your drive is set to MBR or GPT. Which is it set to?

0 Likes
Tamim1
Adept I

It is set to GPT

Tamim1
Adept I

Thanks for help. I fixed it by updating my BIOS it was few versions old

Happy to hear you were able to fix it. There is actually no need to buy a dedicated TPM when AMD CPUs already have the capability. 

0 Likes