cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

yorkie9668
Journeyman III

Win 11 Pro Ryzen 9 5950X major issues

This is a bit of a long running saga now, I have attempted to resolve with support alas to no end fix

Basically I have been using Win 11 Pro as a Dev from the first release, now I am on the full fat version

When I boot my 5950X runs at full power and high heat all the time, the only way to reduce it is to use Ryzen Master and drop the CPU MHz to around 1720MHz which also slows my PC

On Windows 10 Pro after a couple of minutes after booting it would drop down to 1720MHz and around 32c, but come alive when I needed it to, but not on Windows 11 Pro, no it will race at full speed and around 70C to 80C

I really do not want to go back to WIndows 10 again, there has to be a fix, I updated to the latest chipset drivers last week, sadly still no fix, I am gutted after spending so much on a CPU that is pointless now

Any help and advice will be gladly appreciated

0 Likes
5 Replies

What is > " now I am on the full fat version " ?

Screenshot_4.png

Basically not the DEV or Beta version that we had months ago before the final release by Microsoft of Windows 11 to everyone

Not sure what that means, but if it is not the Public Release then you have to use drivers from WU. AMD drivers are for public release versions only.

I imagine you have already checked to see if there are any background apps or services that might be causing the issue?

Could also be a Virus/Malware like a Mining virus. 

What does Task Manager show under Performance and  Processes? 

At the bottom in Blue letters click on Resource Monitor. It should show you everything affecting the CPU, DISC, MEMORY, and NETWORK:

Screenshot 2021-10-26 150056.png

In BIOS you can disable PBO settings to make the CPU run cooler temporarily until you find the reason for your issue.

EDIT: Notice that there were a few replies while I was replying. As  Kingfish mentioned if you are on a Pre-released version instead of the official Release of Windows 11 you need to go to Microsoft since AMD doesn't support any BETA OSes.

ajlueke
Grandmaster

Make sure to do a fresh install of the AMD chipset drivers, and then edit the power plan that is installed.  I think the Ryzen Balanced power plan that installs with the chipset drivers still has a minimum processor state of 100%.  Drop that down to 5% and see if it helps.