cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hatertots
Journeyman III

Win 10 Ryzen 3700x System constantly crashing/restarting

I just upgraded my PC build to the new 3700x and now my PC won't stay booted to windows for more than a few minutes what is going on?

Build :

• Ryzen 3700x
  • Ryzen 5700XT 50th Anniversary Edition
  • Corsair Vengance LPX 2400mhz (2x8) 16gb ram
  • MSI 370x SLI Plus

Key Notes:

• I have updated my BIOS to the most recent MSI update for Ryzen CPU's
  • My system worked 100% fine before I installed the 3700x (even with the 5700XT Installed). I have the same spec'd build with a 1700x and had no issues, issues only arrived after the 3700x installation
  • The amount it runs in windows before crashing or rebooting is varied
  • Right before it crashes I have mouse stuttering and sound popping if music is playing, then it restarts
  • PCI Express ports are throwing errors (event 17 WHEA-Logger, PCI Express Downstream Switch port & PCI Express endpoint... both say corrected hardware error occured)

Thanks for any help, all drivers are up to date. Sometimes the system just has the screens go off and come back on saying there was a hardware error.

8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

hatertots, questions.  Are your sure your MB supports Ryzen 3xxx?  Have you installed a fresh copy of W10?  What version of W10 are you running?  What is your power supply?  Good luck and enjoy, John.

EDIT:  Please look in your minidump folder (in Windows folder) and if it is not empty, please compress it and attach here.

0 Likes

Hey Thanks for the help! Yes my motherboard supports it, they released a BIOS update just for it and I am using it. It is not a fresh install of windows,  it is running version: 10.01.18362. My PSU is Seasonic 850 FX.

I have attached the Minidump folder.

0 Likes
adamw
Journeyman III

I would reinstall drivers for both video and CPU turn off any overclocking while doing so save both reports of the install of drivers to desktop look over post here also post mind dump here of crash if you not sure how or you don't have one need to turn it on to take one on crash 

0 Likes
adamw
Journeyman III

I took a quick look not sure exactly but im sure its to do with a failed install guessing ether your CPU or chipset Ill look more into it but 1st Uninstall Chipset drivers if it ask for reboot do it ASAP 2nd Uninstall GPU Drivers same reboot if ask 3rd on keyboard press Win Key + X  Click on command prompt run as admin or PowerShell As admin  type chkdsk C: /f  /x for SSD.  chkdsk C: /f /r /x For HDD if it ask to do it during next restart Type Y Remember put spaces can also copy paste from here right click is to paste in CMD and exit and restart if your running raid even if on SSD the 2nd seems to work best for if its any type of raid   chkdsk C: /f /r /x   normally don't use command /r for SSD only because of the extra ware tare it puts on it with extra reads and write but is fine other then little extra writing to disk I run it on my normal SSDs when need in all fare ness unless your doing video editing or something alike that writes and moves data on and off the disk a lot Most SSDs wile out live your system Do that to any remainder of disk 1 at a time then run sfc /scannow see if it comes up with any error If not try DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Then after done run again but change last line from /CheckHealth to /ScanHealth after done even if nither found anything still run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth in ether command prompt preferably or powerShell as Admin after all said and done reinstall GPU Drivers Restart look at log after make sure no errors restart and install chipset make sure to download newest drivers from MOBO web site or AMD Web site let me know how it works out   you might need a bios update but probably your last driver install did not install right 

0 Likes
adamw
Journeyman III

also make sure you re Download new drivers get rid of ones you used don't download them till after you un install these  drivers believe you have a windows 8 driver mix in not sure if this all the reasons this happen but remove  old drivers make sure systems reading both devices for what they are and not something else your best bet would to do a clean install start fresh when you upgrade hardware there always left over bits and pieces from old hardware which always has chance to be used by accident and case problems and could even happen months down road dills could be left over in system get loaded and cause problems but if your set not doing clean install after drivers are un install and ran those system checks run CCleaner    CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free! https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner
on system and also run the registry cleaner get rid of any left over traces of old hardware Then clean install drivers and don't be over clocking system while doing this even the ram should be base clock  well good luck hope this help some let me know how things are going if anything new turns up or if something not working 

0 Likes
zendal
Adept I

Same WHEA Event 17 errors and crashes with a 3700x on a Taichi x370 (5.60 BIOS)

0 Likes

zendal, please do not post in multiple threads.  John.

0 Likes
poloskie
Journeyman III

I don't have the same setup 100% as you but, I've noticed that if I have more than 1 DIMM installed on my Asus X470 board It will do the same thing you've mentioned. I've remedied it for now by using 1 stick of RAM until they update the bios.Might be worth a try to see if you get any more stability till the new AGESA comes out

0 Likes