cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

theoriginalmichaelb
Journeyman III

Will the new Ryzen 2600 work with an MSI b350 Tomahawk motherboard?

Will the new Ryzen 2600 work out of the box with a MSI b350 Tomahawk motherboard?

I was planning on getting the Ryzen 1600 and already purchased the motherboard a while ago, but I would rather upgrade to the 2600, would this be possible and if so what do I need to take into consideration?

Thanks for any replies, first time pc builder over here.

0 Likes
1 Solution
8 Replies
gto_pro
Adept III

no u need to upgrade ur motherboard bios

0 Likes

Alright, so how would I go about doing that?

Can I do it before putting all the parts together? What are my options?

0 Likes

Reviews of the 2600 are already out and they are using 300 series boards with old BIOSs, so it should not require a BIOS update to BOOT, though there will be one required to run properly. That being said, you should be using a 400 series board for maximum performance with the Ryzen 2000 series processors.

0 Likes

Hello, Im in a similar situation (first time pc builder!). I have bought the 2600x but I haven't bought my motherboard yet. I was hoping to go with the B350 tomahawk since it fits my budget. So can I update my BIOS without needing an older generation processor? I was hoping that I can just boot up the MOBO/2600 without the update and just download the bios onto a flash; is this possible?

0 Likes

You should wait and get a 400 series chipset board.

0 Likes

gotta agree if I didn't already have a board I would absolutely get the current generation board. It would be well worth the extra money IMHO. If you wait a month you will likely see some cheaper combos. The first few weeks will always have a price premium.

0 Likes

louieamd0214
Journeyman III

will this work with 2700x? B350 tomahawk?

0 Likes