cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

truongloc0402
Journeyman III

Will Amd Wraith Max or AMd Wraith Prism support Ryzen 1700x?

Hi i've been using my Ryzen 1700x without overclocking. Currently my cpu is cooling off by Cosair H110i V2 but in a small case. I don't know if either AMD Wraith Max or AMD wraith prism will work with my CPU to give it more led and cooler look. Thank you

0 Likes
6 Replies

This website is about a year old but mentions which AMD Wraith CPU Cooler can be used on Ryzen 7 CPUs: https://www.techarp.com/articles/amd-ryzen-7-cpu-coolers-revealed/  and this website that mentions the AMD Wraith MAX is  best to use on Ryzen 1700x: AMD Readies Ryzen 7 1800X and 1700X Packages with Wraith Max Coolers | TechPowerUp .

Just answering your post, but yes, it is better to stay with Water Cooled CPU Cooler. Especially for high wattage CPU/APUs.

0 Likes

thank you, i will check it out.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

truongloc0402, I would advise you to stay with the H110i and forget about glamour.  It is what I used on my 1800X with good results.  Please post your CPU temperatures as measured my Ryzen Master and none other.  Ryzen Master is the reference to be compared with the AMD maximum.  Here are your specifications:1700X.jpg

Hope this helps.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

thanks! My cpu temp is at 45-49 degrees when gaming and around 30 degree when i have 8 tabs of google chromes and some open apps. I was just wonder to switch out to AMD stock cooler with LED for have better look

0 Likes

Before you purchase any Air cooled CPU Cooler like the Wraith MAX you need to be sure it will fit in your computer case and motherboard. The Air Cooler for High Wattage CPUs are generally quite large and in a small computer case it wouldn't fit. by photos of the AMD Wraith MAX it seems to be fairly big.

I would just stay with the Water cooled CPU cooler which take up less space and is generally more efficient in cooling then high wattage CPU air coolers.

Even though it will make your computer insides look futuristic with all the LED lights I don't believe it is a good trade off. Now, if your Water Cooled CPU Cooler broke, then you can consider getting a Air cooled CPU Cooler which are generally cheaper to purchase. 

0 Likes