cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Will AMD comment on the validity of the claims being made by legitreviews.com missing AM4 motherboard fiasco?

Legit Reviews posted an article not long ago speaking about the lack of availability of AM4 motherboards and placed the blame solely on AMD.   I would really like to know if AMD is willing to comment on what happened and why there are still people who have placed pre-orders for the Ryzen 7 chips that still don't have motherboards to run these chips.  I realize that normally the line of questioning would be propositioned to the MOBO manufacturers.  That being said though considering it appears to be all the manufacturers and the article being published by legitreviews.com, I would like to know if AMD can give some additional insight as to what's happening.

The article in question is listed here. http://www.legitreviews.com/one-motherboard-maker-explains-why-amd-am4-boards-are-missing_192470

One Motherboard Maker Explains Why AMD AM4 Boards Are Missing - Legit Reviews

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Paragon
Paragon

Re: Will AMD comment on the validity of the claims being made by legitreviews.com missing AM4 motherboard fiasco?

Where are you from? I see lots available up here in the frozen north (Canada). Admittedly there's a few on backorder and preorder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Will AMD comment on the validity of the claims being made by legitreviews.com missing AM4 motherboard fiasco?

I'm from the USA in dirty Jersey.  The armpit of America.... Unfortunately the only one's I've been able to find are B350 chipset boards and any chance of getting an X370 are slim to none.  I'm actually still waiting on my pre-order from Amazon that I placed on the 22nd of Feb for the ASUS Crosshair VI Hero. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Some manufacturers are running into BIOS conflicts and seem to have pulled back stock to send out units with an updated BIOS support.  ASUS, I know, has had multiple BIOS releases trying to address software/hardware conflicts.

As of right now, Newegg does have the ASRock Fatal1ty Gaming K4 and 2 BIOSTAR x370 boards available for order.  I'm going to wait until about mid April to get a 1600x and ASRock x370 Taichi...unless they release an Extreme tier motherboard.  I've used ASRock in my last 3 builds and I like their product.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thanks for the update, and I did check today to see that those boards are available.  I was hoping to get a comment from AMD as to whether or not the legitreviews.com story has any truth to it, and if so how are they working to resolve these issues in the future.  I mean one of the allegations in that article is that AMD developers were very late with providing UEFI microcode changes to their AIB partners which would cause many of the BIOS issues that we have been seeing.  I've already purchased everything else and don't have the MOBO, so I'm going to wait for the one that I ordered to arrive.  Maybe the one I get will have the BIOS revisions.

I really just wanted to hear from an AMD rep as to what happened and how it can be avoided in the future.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

I think the article is fairly accurate. The fact that AMD has said that UEFI updates are coming in May to address issues with the memory support and possible fixes for the lack of support for 80% of all the PCIe x1 devices does reinforce the idea that Ryzen was originally planned for a Q2 launch. Though, regardless, the initial demand still is partly to blame because of how successful the launch was; leading to motherboard shortages everywhere.

0 Kudos