cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

scootw
Journeyman III

Why is RMA request for boot kit so difficult? PC build delayed to 1+ months

I purchased parts for a new PC build 3 weeks ago on August 11-12. Unfortunately I had a 2nd gen Ryzen 5 2600X and the BIOS on my motherboard was old and could not start up. I found the support article from AMD, and followed their instructions to contact the seller as well as manufacturer. That has failed, so here we are about a week later, the only option I have left with is to get a boot kit.

I followed the instructions, but then there are additional requirements needed (not listed in the article). For example, I have a picture of the box and invoice for the CPU + motherboard (which I've provided), but no picture of the CPU itself. It's Thursday and I won't be able to return a picture of the I don't want it to get delayed over the weekend before I can get the boot kit shipped.

I am just reaching out to see if someone here might be able to help expedite the process since I was informed over the phone it takes 3-5 business days for the boot kit to arrive, so at this point with NO delay I'm already going to be almost full month of not having a functional PC. I just want a boot kit to let me finish my build within a month of purchasing parts that should be compatible.

Hopefully someone like ray_m​ can help expedite this process so that I can manage to actually finish my PC build within a month of having paid for my parts.

0 Likes
1 Reply
scootw
Journeyman III

ETA if it's relevant for anyone that sees this, my service request is 8200823687

0 Likes