cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kaitlin4599
Adept I

why is my edc so high

im stumped i upgraded to a ryzen 7 2700 on my B450 tomahawk motherboard, before swapping out the cpu i set all bios settings to optimized defaults. put new tim on hooked up my 360mm aio, jumped into windows set power mode to windows balanced & made sure cool n quiet as well as CPU core boost were enabled PBO is set to disable in the bios. and yet at idle EDC is always maxed out any ideas? if it matters when i bought my tomahawk the box it came in said ryzen gen 3 ready below are pix of ryzen master hwmonitor as well as a cpuz screenshot so you can see what bios im on keep in mind im using the bios that came on the mobo when i bought it im stumped
i guess im just wanting some input dont wanna overclock my cpu till u fugyre iut why my system is acting up or if it even is acting up
edit using windows 10 1903
0 Likes
2 Replies

In Windows Balanced plan what is the minimum and maximum CPU percentages (%)?

If it isn't set at Minimum CPU 5% and Maximum CPU 100% then set it to those settings and see if EDC lowers at idle.

Found this thread from Tom's Hardware: 2700x EDC is at 100% at idle | Tom's Hardware Forum and also this Linus Forum that mentions the same thing to make sure in the power plan you are using the Minimum is low and the Maximum is 100%: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/999660-ryzen-2700-edc-limit-new-motherboard-or-fix/ 

Also if your Motherboard BIOS is fairly out-dated, maybe updating the BIOS to a later version may help including updating the Motherboard's CHIP SETs.

Last Non-BETA BIOS Update: Support For B450 TOMAHAWK | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

If your current BIOS version ends in v10 that was the original BIOS for the Motherboard from 2018,

Last MSI Motherboard CHIP Set:

my bios that im using is the one that came with the mobo and its from july 17 2019 odly enough i updated the chip set drivers and that seems to have fixed the high edc issue now the edc is only high when processor core boost and PBO are set to auto in the bios with is the msi default for enablef