cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

thetoazt
Journeyman III

why is my AMD Ryzen 5 2500x so hot

Just when i start my pc its like 90 Degrees i don't know why, i haven't overclocked or something like that

0 Likes
4 Replies

OEM thermal material may have failed

Arctic MX-4 is best in very small amounts

0 Likes

^ yeah thats what i use It can be very runny as well they say a peas sized amount but i just over a grain of rice size. Also ive used the IC carbon pads you can get the 40x40 one and cut it down. 

0 Likes

redteam6 wrote:

^ yeah thats what i use It can be very runny as well they say a peas sized amount but i just over a grain of rice size. Also ive used the IC carbon pads you can get the 40x40 one and cut it down. 

pea sized is still 50x more than needed

only need microscopic amounts

0 Likes

Didn't mention what Make & Model of CPU Cooler you have installed nor whether it is Air cooled or Liquid cooled.

Sounds like your CPU Cooler isn't correctly installed and not making good contact with the surface of the processor.

One way to find out is to remove the side panel from your computer case exposing the motherboard with the CPU Cooler. Turn power on and wait until it boots up.

Make sure the CPU Cooler fan is turning as soon as you power up.

Then once you are in Windows desktop, very carefully push down on the CPU Cooler and see if the Processor's temps immediately go down. If it does then that indicates you didn't install the CPU Cooler correctly.