cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ztealmax
Journeyman III

Why don't consumers have an option anymore to upgrade their APU's (Only sold OEM)

Why don't consumers have an option anymore to upgrade their APU's (Only sold OEM)

Is this a plot from AMD to get consumers to buy GPU as their is no upgrade option anymore for APU'?

Kind of disapointed to say the least

0 Likes
6 Replies

Have no idea what your talking about. Of course there are updates for APU's.

If you have further questions, please supply > Information Required When Posting a Discussion - AMD Community

Amazon ?

plenty of options 3200g, A series not sure to follow?

0 Likes

To make it clear exactly what im telling you here
Ive continues updated from

2200G -> 3200G
2400G -> 3400G
now the option to upgrade to 4x00G is only for OEM not for end customer building systems (Small compact)

Is there any plans to release the cpu's for end consumers?

0 Likes

Not sure the 3x00g to 4x00g upgrade will have much benefit if it’s for gaming benchmarks look similar, if graphics aren’t the important bit a discreet cpu and basic graphics card would make for a better upgrade route but I’m sure you have your reasons

0 Likes

Yea iknow but the thing about integrated graphics is to make the computer as small as possible
and quiet, discrete graphics card thats basic is hard to find with amd gpu as im allways going all amd.

Question remains will there ever be released the 4x00G series for consumers, or is amd plan only from now on to
make it for OEM only, for me atleast that would be a showstopper for me regarding amd.

0 Likes

Considering the current problems with making silicon it may well be they have are only supplying the manufacturers of systems who would relay struggle to ship anything based on discrete gpu shortages. My guess is either they skip a generation or they will arrive later as independent chips

0 Likes