Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

marzahmz06
Adept I

Why does my AMD A12 9700p cpu have high cpu usage when doing basic stuff

Hey everyone,

When I do basic tasks like browsing the internet or writing a email, my cpu hit's like 100% cpu and then everything becomes laggy and unstable. This has been happening for a long time now and I can't find the solution for it. I have tried resetting the pc, reinstall the os and everything but with no avail. I need help because my online class is going to start again and I really need to use it urgently. 

Specs:

AMD A12 9700P

8gb RAM

AMD Radeon R7 Graphics card

128gb SSD +1tb hard drive (Windows is installed on the 128gb ssd)

0 Likes
1 Solution
Kv2
Adept I

Are you on the high performance power plan? Laptop plugged in to charger? It’s a low wattage cpu designed to be better in battery life. 

R7 3700X, MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X, MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi, 16GB Hyper X Fury RGB, 1TB Nvme, 4TB HDD

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Kv2
Adept I

Are you on the high performance power plan? Laptop plugged in to charger? It’s a low wattage cpu designed to be better in battery life. 

R7 3700X, MSI RTX 3070 Gaming X, MSI B550 Gaming Carbon Wifi, 16GB Hyper X Fury RGB, 1TB Nvme, 4TB HDD

Ok, I will have to check if that worked and I will mark it as a solution if it did

0 Likes

It still does go high sometimes but it's fine in general that's why I accepted it

0 Likes

Yeah you’re unlikely to get much better. I used to have a laptop with an i5 6200U, which was also an ultra low wattage part rated at the same 15W. It was extremely sluggish, and I had to constantly have it on charge and set to high performance. 

Yeah, this was actually my old laptop and I have since upgraded to a AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with AMD Vega RX 10 graphics. It's way more better in every way possible. Also, try h264ify in the chrome web store, it's great. It made my laptop 200% better on video watching.

0 Likes