cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

os2wiz
Elite

Why did AMD release a buggy 1.0.0.4 agesa code for Ryzen 3000 cpus???

I have a Ryzen 3900X running on an MSI MEG X570 ACE motherboard. The new agesa patch 1.0.0.4 issued by AMD to MSI has bugs in it, Like failure to post with a mild overclock  of 4,2 GHZ on all cores, when on previous bioses I can post at least to 4.35 GHZ on all cores. Performance on my benchmarks all were diminished and my highly binned memory could not accept the aggressive settings that had previously worked. Five out of six users of my motherboard on overclock.net Official MSI X570 MEG ACE motherboard thread. Reported similar problems and have had to revert the previous official bios 1.5 which is ABBA. There is no excuse for not thoroughly testing official code before releasing it to us. If I wanted to test beta quality code I would volunteer to be a guinea pig.. DO not get into bad habits. This was inexcusable. I also blame MSI for not testing the patch thoroughly before releasing it as offical bios code two days after the patch with no modifications.

0 Likes
3 Replies

I found I needed to overvolt my RAM to stabilize my rig

0 Likes

Do you think overvolting ram is an acceptable solution for restoring system stability at the expense of degradation of ram performance in the long run? I alreadydid what you suggested and yes it did help, but does not change the poorer system performance and the higher cpu voltages that were also required.. As well as the poorer ability to manually overclock.

0 Likes

I have found that my particular setup needs overvolting to be stable

sometimes the BIOS is not able to setup the memory adequately

0 Likes