cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

waltc
Miniboss

Re: why arent these ryzen 3000 cpus hitting their advertised speeds?

Glad you got it sorted--you should update your thread to indicate it has been solved.  Yes, indeed--for things like GPU and chipset drivers, download them always from AMD's site direct--always go to the site of the hardware manufacturer of your products and peripherals for device drivers.  The only time you can't do that is in the case of most laptops, because usually they use custom devices requiring custom drivers only available from the laptop OEM.   

winwiz
Journeyman III

I'm running a (water-cooled) 3700x on a cheap AsRock ab350 itx board. Before installing Ryzen master all cores would temporary hit 4.4 GHz. I installed zen master and tried to overclock. Then I noticed my CPU would only boost two cores to 4.4GHz, so I reset zen master, but still only two cores would boost to 4.4.

So I'm guessing Ryzen master changes something in windows registry that control boost.

If anyone could figure out what zen master changes in windows, maybe we could edit this settings manual? This could possibly help a lot of people with boost problems.

0 Likes
advanced3
Adept I

My 3700x has never once hit its advertised boost clock of 4.4Ghz, never once. 

0 Likes
s_vayner
Adept III

Updating chipset drivers from AMD website didn't not solve it for me though, so no it is not solved. There is still a problem with high end AMD Ryzen 9 CPUs not hitting advertised speeds.

0 Likes