cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

apvm
Adept I

Who is paying return shipping for boot kit and can I refuse delivery and let Fedex ship it back to AMD

From various forums, looks like people from the States and Europe who requested the boot kit can return it to AMD with a shipping label given by AMD (free return shipping) I don't know why I am excluded (in Canada) I am planning to return the 2400G and the motherboard to the place I bought them and exchange it for something else since it will cost me $20 to ship the boot kit back.  My questions are:

1) anyone else got excluded from getting a shipping label to send the boot kit back to AMD

2) Can I just refuse delivery and let Fedex handle the return.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
11 Replies

I can't speak for Canada but in the USA you can refuse a package and it is up to the sender to pay for it to come back. I typically check the tracking and call them and tell them I do not want this pack with this tracking # delivered, please return to sender.  I then also put a big not on my front door with this information. I have yet for it to ever be an issue.

This recent article offers some advice too:  How to Refuse a FedEx Package | Bizfluent

0 Likes

Thanks, Fedex dropped it on my front door without even ringing the door bell.  Found it this morning, lucky me since we don't use the front door much, we go in/out the house through the garage.   Anyway, will drop by Fedex office tomorrow or Wednesday to drop it off for them to return to sender.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Yes you can refuse delivery and it will be shipped back to us. Unfortunately we do not offer a free return to Canada.

0 Likes

Too bad, was going to build another 2400G box, looks like it will be an Intel i3-8100 and GT 1030 instead.

0 Likes

Took it back unopened to Fedex office and I think they called you guys for authorization to return it using your account.  Fedex gave me tracking number for the return, I have emailed it to AMD support but did not hear from them.  Since I returned it intact (box and documentations untouch and as is), I did not add the RMA number on the package, the package according to Fedex will be return to Javier Lassus, Moduslink Global Solutions, 11010 NW 92nd Terrace Bay C Miami FL 33178   Is it OK?  Don't want to receive an email asking for the return of the boot kit and black list me.  Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Don't worry that will be fine, you will not be blacklisted.

0 Likes

Thank you very much.

brucer
Forerunner

What is a boot kit?

0 Likes

That is the old chip AMD sends out so people can update the bios on 1st gen ryzen boards to be able to update bios and use the series 2xxx chips.

0 Likes

why not just use the cpu they have?

0 Likes

many bought new 3xx series boards that never had the older chips and the bios isn't updated yet so they can't use their new chip.

0 Likes