Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rodrigopg908
Journeyman III

who can I get the most out of a ryzen 9 3900x or 3950x

Hi, I'm from chile and I am studing engineer in robotic

I am building a computer to design in 3D and games.
I was reading about Ryzen 9, but I have seen benchmaks where it has problems with three or more cores, so I want to decide if Ryzen 9 is better than intel i9 or maybe Ryzen 7 has better performance
The computer I am building has:
-Nvidia Gigabyte RTX2080 TI 11GB
-SSD western digital black 1TB M2
-MSI MPG x570 gaming pro carbon wifi
-ram kingston Hyper x fury 16GBx2 DDR4 3466Mhz

-masterliquid master cooler ML240L

Is it possible to have a bottleneck? so ryzen 9 don't have his max performance.

is it better to have a ryzen 7 with the same parts?

please tell me if you have a good setup for ryzen 9 or if ryzen 7 is better and its setup.

thank for your help.

3 Replies

The R9 and R7 multicore benchmarks generally favor Ryzen. Meaning all the cores together are better on Ryzen than all the cores together on Intel. There is however lots of software that may run better on one vs the other. In most cases it won't be a big difference. With gaming the Intel part single core performance may still be a little better but it's negligible. Games that take advantage of more cores may go the other way. Again either way it will be a small difference. I have a 3600 and a 3700x and am very happy with both.

I figure out what software you are going to use and see if there are benchmarks out there already with one vs the other. If it is common software google it. You will likely find the information you are looking for. 

I absolutely think that of two Ryzen will probably age better than current Intel processors. They have become very popular and more software is being optimized for them so IMHO it will get better and better. That is just an opinion. 

0 Likes

Once you have your machine built you will want to enable XMP on the memory and enable PBO on the cpu. That will automatically give you about the best performance possible out of the chip.

0 Likes

Agree with everything pokester posted above.

Using 360 AIO instead of a 240 will get you better performance.

The Ryzen CPU's are good up to 95C but they really love to be cold.

0 Likes