cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

NCSGeek
Adept I

Which Ryzen CPUs require bios update to be recognized?

Hello. I've read online that many motherboards require a bios update to recognize the latest ryzen CPUs, and that they likely won't boot without it. This includes my motherboard (Asus ROG Strix 570-E AM4)

I can't find which Ryzen CPUs this includes though. In my case, I'm going to install a Ryzen 7 3800X. It's a "Zen 2" CPU.

Here's a video about the issue I'm talking about.

So if anyone knows I'd really appreciate some clarification. I'd really rather not install everything then have to uninstall after.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

I am not really sure I believe you on the googling, considering I found this on the manufacturer's website the moment I did.

Screenshot_20210622_231904_com.android.chrome.jpg

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
jufuggie
Adept II

I think since the X570 is a gaming motherboard build for zen 2, it should work

Also, you could have actually googled this on the manufacturer's webbie.

I reserve and keep my angry comments to myself XD.

0 Likes

I did try googling it actually. One of the CPUs that I think supposedly requires this bios update is also a Zen 2, but I'm not sure on that because the video doesn't say which Ryzen 5 he's using.

IIs there a definitive way to know which CPUs are effected? For example, maybe it's just Zen 3 and beyond?

0 Likes

I am not really sure I believe you on the googling, considering I found this on the manufacturer's website the moment I did.

Screenshot_20210622_231904_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Likes

I seriously overlooked to check their site for that kind of thing. That's on me for sure. 

0 Likes

I believe I was able to check the bios version by checking the sticker on the board. As long as that's correct, I'm all set. So unless anything changes, ill mark this as solved. thanks!

0 Likes