cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

crownedclown
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

which processor would go best with a Asus - M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3 Motherboard? I have a 8350

I wanna stream but my cpu is lacking, what would be the best cpu thats still compatable with my motherboard  Asus - M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

0 Kudos
3 Replies
neon
Miniboss
Miniboss

Re: which processor would go best with a Asus - M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3 Motherboard I have a 8350 but I want to upgrade and change it out. Trying to stream on twitch and streaming puts a tax on your cpu and gpu

FX-8370 is the top processor for the Asus M5A97 R2.0

That's not a worthy upgrade from the FX-8350 so you'll need to go Ryzen if you need more CPU performance.

With that said, streamers have used FX-8350 satisfactorily in a 2 rig setup, so it is viable for that purpose. Your video card, and other settings are important factors too.

crownedclown
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: which processor would go best with a Asus - M5A97 R2.0 ATX AM3 Motherboard I have a 8350 but I want to upgrade and change it out. Trying to stream on twitch and streaming puts a tax on your cpu and gpu

Then which Ryzen would be considered a nice upgrade that would still work worth the mother board

0 Kudos
neon
Miniboss
Miniboss

Ryzen requires a socket AM4 motherboard, and so it is not compatible with that AM3 motherboard.