cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

bo55
Journeyman III

When will we see another update for stabilising higher frequency memory?? 3466-4000mhz

Hi all, i spent quite a bit of money getting my 1700x system together even having made the mistake of buying dual rank memory in the beginning and finding out that i couldnt go past 2400mhz and then having to purchase single rank Samsung b-die memory so it could run at the rated speed, im now having issues with getting 3466mhz to work correctly. My board is an Asus Prime Pro x370 with the latest 0805 bios.

Im currently sitting on 3333mhz c14 stable at 1.38v but In order to get 3466 running (not stable) i need 1.425v which is too much imo for everyday use, when can we expect the next update in microcode to fix this?

Cheers

0 Kudos
15 Replies

Re: When will we see another update for stabilising higher frequency memory?? 3466-4000mhz

That's up to ASUS. The Prime X370-Pro is a horrid board, so bad you'd think it was made by MSI or Gigabyte given the bugs and low quality (I had it for 2 months, I had to replace it with a Crosshair VI). Memory compatibility is very much motherboard specific, as my RAM (Corsair DDR4-3200) couldn't run reliably past 2800 on the X370-Pro, and that was with the higher timings of DDR4-3200, but on the Crosshair VI they work at full 3200mhz.

bo55
Journeyman III

Re: When will we see another update for stabilising higher frequency memory?? 3466-4000mhz

You obviously have no idea what youre saying are you drunk? X370 pro isnt a "horrid" board. Ive had no bugs besides being held back by memory. Once single rank modules went in i was able to jump from 2400-3333 reliably. So youre saying you couldnt wait for an update to see if it would fix any issues you may have had so instead you go out and pay top dollar for a ch6 which cant even get 3600mhz stable effectively supporting the fact that the most expensive board is the "best" lol (face palm) Yes its got more features than the x370 pro but its double the price. If i were you then id want my board to be stable at 4000mhz from the moment i purchase and install it. Secondly why on earth are you using Corsair ram lolll

Latency is still an issue and no where near as good as my old haswell ddr3 system 39ns as apposed to 68-69ns im getting now.

0 Kudos
bo55
Journeyman III

I just want an honest answer from AMD..

0 Kudos

Because I was tired of waiting for ASUS to fix the memory problem with that board, sick of waiting for the temperature glitch to be fixed, and sick of waiting for the header dropout issue to be fixed, so I bought a better board. So if you have any complaints, they should be directed at ASUS, AGESA 1.0.0.6a solves a lot of memory issues, but it is motherboard dependent and not all boards respond to it in the same way. Future AGESA releases have not been announced.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

here you go boss .. 4000mhz  on C6H .. enjoy.

4000MHz-2.png

3600mhz has been stable since 1004 agesa. .. ? what you doin son.?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

after looking at taiphoon timings  for ram sticks. it seems like 1 of the reasons these b-dies can clock higher is they seem to allow for alot higher ( TRC) timings than factory specs. i first noticed this on the flare-x but these rgb's same thing. . example rgb trc time should be 52 @3600mhz but actual is 85 and 84 for flare-x 3600 . it seems to me the corsairs and or hynix just wont let those timeings jump up. im thinking trc  for 4000 should be around 98 but will it need to go over 100 if so can it in the bios.? hmmm ...just a thought. eeeh

black_zion  i watched you struggle with that 58 trc and mentioned in other thread get that up # but didnt seem you could do so. this could be the big problem area.

0 Kudos
bo55
Journeyman III

So one person hey? I like those odds. What sticks are you using? And how much voltage are you pumping through them?

0 Kudos

No, the problem was because the Prime X370-Pro does not work correctly. It works properly with the Crosshair VI.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar

those read and writes look actually pretty good for 3200mhz. L3 cache looks stable too.. well done.. even with 3.9 cpu.  looks smooth.. !

0 Kudos