cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

When will the AM4 integrate in its chipset Raid 5, like A88X had, and will you be able to use the HDD directly as an option?

Just as the title asks:
"When will the AM4 integrate in its chipset Raid 5, like A88X had, and will you be able to use the HDD directly as an option?"

Which chipset will support Raid 5 and what time frame? Will it be a "Mainstream/ Enthusiast" or a "Server" board.
I am aware that there are add-on cards, but I am asking for chipset included.

Also, when the time comes and it is available, will it be a case of just plugging in the HDD or will it mean all data will need to be copied over to a "single drive" and then "copied again" to the newly built Raid 5?

Thank you.

Hopefully AMD can answer this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: When will the AM4 integrate in its chipset Raid 5, like A88X had, and will you be able to use the HDD directly as an option?

Unfortunately we cannot comment on what future release may or may not contain.

RayM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Re: When will the AM4 integrate in its chipset Raid 5, like A88X had, and will you be able to use the HDD directly as an option?

hi,

my personal view - think the will not integrate Raid 5 in consumer line... maybe for server's ... but there you will rather use external controllers which performs quite better.

for normal consumer raid 0/1 are the most useful.

raid 0 = high read/write performance with no fault tolerance

raid 1 = high read/normal write performance with redundancy

installing (all raid levels)

- plug in all HDD/SDD

- crate raid stripe in the bios

- format HDD/SDD in your OS

- copy data to raid

for basic information read

RAID - Wikipedia & Standard RAID levels - Wikipedia

greetz

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

It's ridiculous that fm2 mobos (I own one) supports RAID 5 and not AM4. Almost all other mobos support RAID 5 since ages.

0 Kudos