cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hurricane28
Journeyman III

Re: WHEA Logger Event ID 19 error with Ryzen 3600.

Not really, 

My 3600 MHz kit works well with xpm/DOCP and it puts 1.350v but to achieve higher clocks it needs a lot more voltage than other kits that are binned for higher speeds. 

0 Likes
blackjack74
Journeyman III

got it, ok. but in my case I can not achieve specified frequency (3600Mhz 1.35v), I'm not sure, but disabling CStates allows to stay on 3600 without errors and reboots. I guess it is voltage issue.

0 Likes
hurricane28
Journeyman III

Hard to say without knowing what hardware you are using. 

What hardware are you using? Mobo, CPU, RAM etc. 

0 Likes
blackjack74
Journeyman III

My config is:

+ MBD ROG Strix B550-F Gaming WiFi, BIOS 1205
+ CPU Ryzen 5 3600
+ RAM HyperX Fury 8GBx2 DDR4 3600MHz HX436C17FB3K2/16
+ SSD Samsung 970 PRO 512 GB MZ-V7P512BW
+ GPU ASUS geforce gtx 1650 super oc 4gb
+ PSU Corsair RM650x

All of them except GPU has been bought recently. GPU has been moved from my previous system, where been working for 1.5 years without any issues

0 Likes
blackjack74
Journeyman III

Sorry, I forgot, BIOS 2006. I've updated it recently

0 Likes
hurricane28
Journeyman III

your RAM is not B-die so don't expect too much from it. 3600 is fine though. 

Did you try to reset cmos and just load the DOCP settings? Sometimes you have to look for the settings in bios and dial them in manually as Ryzen has issues with DOCP at and beyond 3600 MHz.. The first 10 timings are correct but from there you have to set them manually. Maybe voltage too. I don't know anything abbout your board to be honest so its difficult.

You can try to find your answers here: https://www.overclock.net/threads/new-dram-calculator-for-ryzen™-1-7-3-overclocking-dram-on-am4-memb...

0 Likes
blackjack74
Journeyman III

Hi there, thank you very much. Yep, I did. Just reset whatever settings andset only DOCP to the predefined profile from XMP. And it does not work))

As for manual set of timings, ok, I already set it manually, but it does not help. As for RAM: yes, it is not hi-end skicks, but it rated to 3600MHz speed so I expect it shall work properly at 3600. The higher frequencies are not interested for me while I have R5 3600.

Thank for the link, but I already use DRAM calc 🙂

3600Mhz for ryzen 5 3600 is a raise, so maybe it is not good decision to leave Auto settings for the SoC voltage under 3600Mhz on RAM. The disabling CStates maybe solve this problem indirectly. 

0 Likes
hurricane28
Journeyman III

Sorry for late reply. 

Ryzen is very erratic as one moment you are stable and the other you are not.. Today for example im stable and no issues and the day after its showing erratic behavior. 

Its just weird that i could get 3800 MHz stable with my FlareX and cannot get it stable with my Trident Z NEO... they both B-die.. 

3600 MHz is not that hard and uncommon for R5 3600. Set Soc to 1.1 always as that is good for stability, anything beyond is not necessary. 

I never disabled Cstates as im manually overclock my CPU to 4.4 Ghz with 1.275v so i have no issues there. 

0 Likes