Did you mean: 

Processors

sniperzee
Adept II
Adept II

Re: WHEA Logger Event ID 18

fyrel wrote:

sniperzee accn 

Unfortunately the WHEA dumps don't  contain enough information on what caused the crash.

It's quite common with 0x124 errors I believe.

I would like you both to run verifier and then upload the minidmp produced when you next blue screen.

The full instructions are in the link below, please make sure you understand how to turn verifier off.

Verifier is a diagnostic tool designed to stress test your computers drivers till they break.

Hopefully doing so in a way that produces useable data.

Leave verifier running for up to 48 hours or until your first blue screen then turn it off.

Your system may feel a bit sluggish while it's running.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5470-enable-disable-driver-verifier-windows-10-a.html 

Hi fyrel‌,

Thanks a lot for looking at those dump files. I haven't tried diagnostic it with verifier and even before your reply, I already ended up returning the card to the retailer so that they may have a look and hopefully either replace with a nVidea card or a full refund. Once I get back another card, I will do some tests and keep playing. Whatever happens, I will keep all of you posted.

sniperzee
Adept II
Adept II

accn wrote:

Perhaps the problem lies in the combination of some hardware, which works correctly separately, but is poorly compatible with each other

It could very well be a compatibility issue. However, some people with nVidea cards also had similar issue but the number was much less as far as I am concerned. This begs the question if it is a processor issue. I will research a bit more if I get a chance and try to find if people with Intel CPU and 5700xt had similar issue.

sniperzee
Adept II
Adept II

Don't know yet. The retailer just received the returned card today. Once the send me back another card, I will try with the new one and see how it goes.

0 Kudos
augustobotossi
Adept III
Adept III

I don't discard the possibility that may be a combination of things, as pointed before, but I think Windows may be a problem too. A few people installed the previous version (1903 or 1909, I am not sure), which apparently solved the problem.

accn
Elite
Elite

There really was no whea logger event id 18 on the windows 1909 build, this error started appearing in the event log after the 2004 update, but the crashes were exactly the same. I can't say anything about 1903, when I bought a gpu I already had 1909, so you can give it a try

augustobotossi
Adept III
Adept III

I played the new MS Flight Simulator for 15 minutes and Destiny 2 for 1h17min, and no reboots yet. I still need to play for longer periods of time to call it solve.

Something I noticed, however, is that without the Logitech software, my Cinebench20 test went from 3712 (highest before) to 3735, with only A-XMP enabled and Ryzen High Performance power plan selected (I ran with the same settings as before). I know it's not a huge difference, but I wasn't expecting to see that.

augustobotossi
Adept III
Adept III

I know this is not my post, but I just want to report and say that after doing a clean install of Windows and not installing the Logitech software, I have played so far around 10 hours and got no reboots so far. I think is still early to say that is fixed, but fyrel‌ thank you for pointing that out. I played 7 hours of Destiny and three hours of Titanfall 2 and got no reboots. Let's hope it stays like that!

augustobotossi
Adept III
Adept III

Well, it happened again. Two things I noticed:

- I enabled the new GPU scheduling feature from Windows 10 2004.

- Not confirmed, but if I alt+tab too many times while gaming, the error happens.

So, I disabled the GPU scheduling feature to test. The reboot I got yesterday was not while playing Destiny 2, it was another game.

0 Kudos
accn
Elite
Elite

I can confirm that the error is not HAGS related. Issue occurs regardless of whether the option is enabled or not. My system behaves the same during alt + tab, the easiest way to reproduce an issue is to quickly minimize the game to the desktop several times (sometimes just once is enough), this method works very well with cs go

augustobotossi
Adept III
Adept III

Thank you, I will try to reproduce it like that. So, in theory, if we don't leave the game, there is no error. That's still not acceptable. I spoke with the store and they said I can RMA any part I want, but now I am not sure if this will solve the issue.

0 Kudos