cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Cmdr-ZiN
Challenger

Re: WHEA Logger Event ID 18

@dskhury interesting, I have 2 y splitters on a tuf b550m and a 5800x. I fixed mine by setting power supply typical idle control to typical, however that might not fix it for everyone.

How did you go with the trouboeshooting I posted above?

0 Likes
dskhury
Adept I

@Cmdr-ZiN So, i THINK now it´s fixed for me. I had it set up to typical before, but now i lowered my memories to 3200 and PC is on  for 2 days without a reboot so far.

My memories are rated for 3600mhz, but at that speed it seems to cause the error. Now down to 3200mhz it seems to be gone with the issue.

I already opened the RMA for it, but if the reboots never happen again i´ll just leave my memories to 3200mhz, not like i´ m missing much im performance by doing so. Maybe future AGESA updates will fix this.

Cmdr-ZiN
Challenger

@dskhury good luck. If your memory is on your motherboards QVL list then it should work with DOCP IMHO.

I have 2x 32GB sticks running at 3600Mhz default DOCP settings you should be able to get it to work. I tried disabling DOCP before, it didn't make any difference for me, it still crashed but it might help for you.

0 Likes
dskhury
Adept I

@Cmdr-ZiN No reboots yet, i think i´ll just leave this as "fixed" even tho i have to run memories below what they are rated.

Cmdr-ZiN
Challenger

Mine just crashed again yesterday, Typical idle control solved it for a while, yesterday was very cold I don't know if that was a factor but I hadn't left it on idle for a while either since the initial week troubleshooting.

Looks like RMA is likely for me too, I've contacted AMD again, to see if they think it's the CPU.

0 Likes
comp4cty
Journeyman III

So i think the problem's been fixed for me. Its been a week now and i haven't had a restart/error since then. I bought an aftermarket cooler so i just "rebuilt" my computer i removed the mobo and all the cables etc and put em back together. I don't know what was causing it but for now im good.

Cmdr-ZiN
Challenger

@comp4cty that's good to hear, leave it on idle a bit. I tested for a week no issues but it came back randomly months later, I wasn't really using it much in that period of time.

I was able to reproduce it a couple of times this week but since going to the latest AGESA 1.2.0.2 beta BIOS it's been stable. However I've only been running it for about 48hrs so a bit early to tell if completely solved, but it has been getting more stable the last 3 BIOSes each time.

0 Likes
Electric_Squall
Adept II

Had one today after 10 days without.

Tested with CPB enabled only (Precision Boost, not overdrive). It took long to crash but crashed anyway. First and last AMD build. Crap company.

WHEA With Only CPB.jpeg

Cmdr-ZiN
Challenger

@Electric_Squall Remember all computer parts have a 0.5 to 3 percent failure rate, Intel usually has a 1% failure rate. You could just be that 1 in a 100, it happens, return the CPU and get another before you make up your mind.

Granted it's more annoying to troubleshoot than a completely dead part. Also it could be a bigger issue we don't know about but I haven't been able to confirm that yet.

0 Likes
Electric_Squall
Adept II

0.5~3% ? Clear not the case regarding to this PBO/WHEA issue.

Most of the threads opened in the Processors area after zen3 release are related to this problem. The same can be said about reddit threads complaining about the same behavior.

The PBO/WHEA issue in number of complains, is only behind the USB issue.

We can see by your feed, that this issue is affecting far more than 3% of zen3 owners.

WHEA.png

Stop defending AMD, you get nothing for doing so. Don't pretend like we don't know what we're saying. This issue is EASILY reproduceable!

CPB/PB and PBO disabled, solve this problem, so, AMD in fact, released products with a defective feature.