cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

shockblade
Adept I

Re: WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Well, after almost 4 days with no problems, I had another reset...

F&**&@FOLb FO(*F FP(@)&@)&FH#

I'm going to try a DDU and reinstall my graphics, after that, I just have to send the whole system back to get tested I guess..

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU........

***EDIT***

I checked the event viewer, and BEFORE the crash I had TWO errors I have not seen before..

Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001

and

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1844, time stamp: 0x60491edb
Faulting module name: Qt5Core.dll, version: 5.14.1.0, time stamp: 0x5e6f5e90
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000004146
Faulting process ID: 0x2ba8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d730bcf04c7d1e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Qt5Core.dll
Report ID: 792af5e7-68d7-455b-b0d6-93c7cd0134de
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have done the DDU and clean install of my video drivers since then, so I'll see how it goes.

If I end up sending the system back under warranty, I'll be sure to find out what was wrong and post it here.

Cmdr-ZiN
Challenger

@shockblade Dang that sucks, I wonder if that error had a separate cause. It might pay to keep typical idle current on till you sort it as it will be safer with it on.

The rest of the instructions I got from AMD were only putting BIOS to defaults, making sure everything was up to date Windows, drivers, firmware, chipset, etc, and reseating things like cpu and power cables.

If nothing is working might be time to contact AMD see if they have something else to try of if it's replacement time.

Mine hasn't reoccured but I'm still not sure if my PSU should be able to support Ryzen 5000 or not.

It's a strange issue, I'll keep researching it an let you know if I find something.

0 Likes
DavidChile
Journeyman III

Estimados, tenia el mismo problemas que tienen todo reinicios frecuentes y todo eso, mi configuración:

Ryzen 5600x

Gpu asus rog strix rx 5600 xt

M/B ASUS TUF B550M PRO GAMER WIFI

SOLUCION: Instale ultima BIOS (no beta) y se arreglaron todos los problemas de inmediato. Espero a alguien le sirva.

Saludos.

0 Likes
Sopbeen
Journeyman III

I also had the same issue with pc just black screening and rebooting. I also went through the swop PSU, update BIOS etc.

what seems to have worked for me was to go inti the BIOS and change CPU idle currency to normal. 

Hope this help the guys that still have issues

comp4cty
Journeyman III

Hey guys, i've just bought a new motherboard/cpu/ram and i've been having this issue as well. I got some dump files if someone who is experienced can read them and identify the problem from them that would be great.Im also getting unusually high temps ( can reach 65 idle and 90 while gaming on warzone ) which i've bought an aftermarket cooler to try and fix.Im thinking of sending the CPU back but i wanna make sure its not the motherboard or the ram causing the issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lex3tpili3yhija/AACAQLiKqsX0dQgifmMsWQ-5a?dl=0

CPU:5600x

GPU:1060 3gb

MOBO:MSI B550A-Pro

RAM:16gb ddr4 g.skill ripjaws 3200mhz

PSU:Corsair RM650x 

0 Likes
Cmdr-ZiN
Challenger

@comp4cty After contacting AMD tech support, below is the full list of troubleshooting they advised me to try, For me it was Power Supply Idle Current control maybe one of the troubleshooting steps will work for you:

Update the system BIOS to latest version available from motherboard manufacturer (refer to motherboard user manual for instructions on updating the BIOS).

Set the BIOS to use factory default settings / optimized default settings (refer to motherboard user manual for instructions on restoring BIOS default settings).

In the BIOS, locate the Power Supply Idle Control option and set it to Typical (this option should be available in the Advanced section of the BIOS).

Update Windows to the latest version and build via Windows Update. For instructions, refer to article.

Update to latest chipset driver from AMD. For instructions, refer to article.

In Windows Control Panel, select Power Options and choose the Balanced (recommended) power plan. In Windows Settings, select Power & sleep and set the Performance and Energy slider to the middle.

Disable non-Microsoft services and startup items using the System Configuration Tool.

Reseat CPU, RAM, and all PSU power connections (end-to-end for modular PSUs). For more instructions, refer the product’s user manual.

Verify RAM sticks are installed in the correct DIMM slots (for socket AM4 motherboards with 4 DIMM slots, use A2 & B2).
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-update-faq-8a903416-6f45-0718-f5c7-375e92dddeb2

Contact AMD if you're still having issues.

Robinhood
Adept I

Can anyone suffering from WHEA errors try something for me, based on a hunch? In the advanced power settings, could you change the minimum processor power to 10%, or something higher than 5%? 

Settings > System > Power & Sleep > Additional Power Settings > Change Plan Settings > Change Advanced Power Settings > Minimum Processor State. Set this to 10%

0 Likes
dskhury
Adept I

Hey Guys, got the WHEA 18 jackpot on my 5800x, configs below:

- 5800x Stock
- Asus X570 TUF
- 32GBN DDR4 3200 (Using XMP profile)
- RTX 3080

The issue for me started the say i added a fan Y Splitter on my case to plug in 2x 3 Pin non PWM Be Quiet! fans. I was using the splitter on the Chassi #2 connector on my board.

After reading some of the possible causes i stumbled upon a topic of a user that troubleshooted a bad fan connector that was causing WHEA 18 with the Cache Hierarchy Error message, difference was he was using it on a 3700x and not a 5800x. The it hit me this could be the cause, since the timeframe of this happening lines up perfectly with me installing both fans using this Y-Spliiter...

Well **bleep**... no more reboots, has only been about 6 hours, but i could replicate the issue by running a stress test then idling the computer for about 20 mins for it to simply reboot, no BSOD, no minidump logs... the same old reboots.

This is literally the last troubleshoot i can do, ´l ll update in here if it happens again, and if it does my last resort is RMA, which i really don´t feel like it, since i can´t go a whole week or god knows how long it will take for the chip to be replaced, i need this computer and i have no other chip to placehold while they send me another one.

0 Likes
dskhury
Adept I

It happened again, RMA it is. Over 10 years without using AMD just to be kicked in the face when i decide to go to the red side.

0 Likes
artur_aragao
Elite

Friends,

I have been following the anguish of friends and it really seems strange even what happens to you.

I am currently setting up my subscription and am not experiencing any problems. I did a CPU Upgrade and a VGA Downgrade.
Before, it was this configuration that worked stably.

[AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | XPG LIFT 240 | MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C91) - 7C91v163 | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz XPG SPECTRIX | EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB | XPG CORE REACTOR 850W | SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB]

Now I have this signature, also working steadily.

[AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Corsair Hydro H115i | MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C91) - 7C91v15 | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz ADATA | ASUS ROG-STRIX-RTX3070-8G-GAMING | XPG CORE REACTOR 850W | SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB]

[ AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | XPG LEVANTE 240 | MSI MPG B550 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C91) - 7C91v16 | 32GB DDR4 3600MHz XPG SPECTRIX | EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1650 SUPER 4GB | XPG CORE REACTOR 850W | SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB ]
0 Likes