Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sniperzee
Adept II

Re: WHEA Logger Event ID 18

Hello Everyone,

I changed my GPU to RTX 2070 Super today. After testing for few days, I will get back with an update.

avigyan
Adept I

Hi fyrel,

I just got a sudden restart today.

I can see from the event viewer, there are multiple ERROR and CRITICAL incidents.

Uploaded details on Google Drive.

I would request you, if you can have a look whenever possible.

Thanks in advance.

Drive Folder

0 Likes
fyrel
Miniboss

Unfortunately not able to help much.

The !thread is pretty much devoid of data so can't identify the driver.

Forcing the !irp shows that a driver made a IOCTL call which fails creating 73 more failed IRP calls before crashing.

Decoding the IOCTL call gives

Unknown IOCTL : 0x335f058b

Device Type : 0x335f
Method : 0x3 METHOD_NEITHER
Access : FILE_ANY_ACCESS
Function : 0x162

But since the driver creator hasn't named the device type I don't know where to proceed from there.

Still learning all this stuff, sorry I can't help more. 

0 Likes
accn
Elite

Hello, judging by the fact that you still have not answered here, you are doing fine, and forgot this forum as a bad dream

augustobotossi
Adept III

I know the question was not for me, but I don't remember the last I got a reboot. I completely avoid alt+tabbing, played during several long-hours session and it's been fine. I play less Destiny 2 now, but more rencetly I went back to Anthem, and no restarts so far.

accn
Elite

Please remind me which solution fixed the problem for you, I got lost in this thread. If we are only talking about alt + tabbing, then in the latest driver release this problem was solved in the description, but not really solved unfortunately. Most games are stable unless I minimize them, but there are a few that crash right during gameplay, so avoiding alt + tab doesn't help in some cases.

0 Likes
augustobotossi
Adept III

To be fair, besides keeping the drivers updated, updating to the last BIOS of my mobo and avoid alt-tabbing, I have not done anything. I am not OC'ing my CPU, PBO is disabled, I am using A-XMP profile 1, and the GPU is undervolted/overclocked.

0 Likes
sniperzee
Adept II

Hello Everyone,
Since changing the GPU, I still did not have any WHEA error or sudden restarts. There was just once when the game crashed but PC did not get stuck. I was able to kill the game and reopen it and it happened just once. I have minimised games and did other stuff like watching videos or browsing and then went back to the game without trouble. I hope changing the GPU solved the WHEA error for good.
0 Likes
accn
Elite

Not surprised, thanks for the answer. I already forgot that you can just use the PC, minimize the games whenever you want, launch the browser in the background, and not be in constant stress waiting for the next crash, and not wait for a new driver to be released soon, which will finally fix your gpu like a christmas miracle. rx 5700 is my latest AMD graphics card I swear

0 Likes
avigyan
Adept I

I went to shop to purchase a RTX2070 to upgrade from GTX970 and instead purchased 5700XT.

And everyday i regret my purchase.

This is my second AMD GPU since ATI 6670 and definitely my last one from AMD.

I had 9500GT, GTX560 as well and never had so many issues ever.