cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fyrel
Miniboss

Re: WHEA Logger Event ID 18

If you upload that minidump I will look for the failed driver.

If you want to try since it's useful to learn.

Open the dump file with windbg

Type !thread into the command line.

About 10 lines from the bottom you will see base and limit values

pastedImage_1.png

Type

dps limit base

Replacing limit and base with the hex numbers.

This opens up the stack recorded during the crash.

Scroll through the list looking for any drivers that failed.

accn
Elite

I think this crash was a coincidence and related to Logitech software. My system almost never shows BSOD. Today I have installed 20.Q3 driver for radeon pro and today my system was stable. I will continue to watch.

0 Kudos
augustobotossi
Adept III

Thank you. I am in the same boat, and I will do as you pointed to see what the mini dump will show. I tried everything also, undervolted the GPU, clean installation, ran with A-XMP disabled, manual timing, and whatever was possible. My setup is R5 3600, Sapphire RX 5700 XT Pulse and MSI B550 Gaming Edge Wifi. I ran with two M.2 drives, so no SATA cables or DVD drives (a post mentioned that SATA cables could be the problem too).

0 Kudos
augustobotossi
Adept III

I followed your instructions, but I didn't find anything, besides a lot of question marks in several lines, and in other lines I believe are commands. I'm sorry, I may be saying something wrong.

0 Kudos
fyrel
Miniboss

Unfortunately quite common with 0x124 errors.

Did you try using verifier to catch any driver issues before they crashed the system?

augustobotossi
Adept III

I haven't, but I can definitely try it.

0 Kudos
fyrel
Miniboss

Do read the instructions on how to turn it off.

Don't want to get caught in a boot loop if it finds a driver error during boot.

augustobotossi
Adept III

It crashed in a few seconds. What should I do next? Thank you for the instructions

0 Kudos
fyrel
Miniboss

Did it create a minidmp in C:\Windows\Minidump

augustobotossi
Adept III

Nope, it didn't. I did not get a blue screen, it just rebooted every time (I had to restore to a earlier point because the other options to disable verifier did not work). And I rebooted at the stage where the video driver should load (I have almost nothing running on this PC, only Logitech G Hub, AMD Adrenalin and Windows "stuff" that comes with the installation).

0 Kudos