cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

mackbolan777
Forerunner

WHEA 18 Again!!! I'm done!

Ok so weeks since fixing the IF running at 1866 to match my 3733, so called , "sweet spot" RAM on my 3600X build. I stopped having errors about Processor Core Failure/Hierarchy Error, and the usual complaints on here about the Ryzen CPU's in general. Switching to the Adrenaline 20.8.3 driver seemed to stop the error relating to that driver crashing.

Tonight after about 2 hours into BF4, the PC screams, black screens and reboots. The error: WHEA LOGGER 18 Processor Core Failure. So I'm done with AMD at least as far as CPU's go, just done. I looked for a single Intel with this error and found one in 2017 but it was error 19 and that resulted in CPU replacement after replacing everything else first. 

Same song here but it's happening to every model CPU from the Ryzen 3000's to the new Ryzen 5000's and now the only thing "Ryzen" is my blood pressure! 7 full months of fighting this machine and I've had it. Trying to help others on here with similar issues when in fact there is no cure, not from AMD. All these "quirks" with RAM, board topology, the "uniqueness" is a cover for AMD's failure to make a working product. Hundreds of thousands of posts about the same failures and errors all over the internet and yet AMD still keeps pumping out this problematic hardware.

Sure I'll RMA the CPU but I'm done with AMD CPU's until I see they actually fixed something right. $1100 worth of a problem, bunch of you know what. This whole forum was designed to catch the flak for AMD. Like getting one CPU to work properly is finding a unicorn or a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. For $1100+ No thanks. The RX 5600 XT is probably fine but we'll see after I switch CPU teams.

Yep, this will make a few of you guys happy that I'll not be in here very often if at all. At least I won't be wasting my time or money on trash that breaks every hour. AMD's RMA'ing Ryzen CPU's under a year old some less than a week, by the HUNDREDS, what's wrong here????  I'm glad I folded my business in 2012, because my customers would be banging on my door everyday since I built 99% AMD. I'd need to build a "forum" to hide behind too.

"It worked before you broke it!"
1 Solution

3 months late and a nope. It was a Windows Update that they fixed in a few days. But now I've moved on to a 5600X and an RX 6800. Same board, RAM, but an all core 4.7 OC at 1.27v and the card is killer. But thanks for reading and welcome aboard!timespy new1.png

"It worked before you broke it!"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
38 Replies