cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

whats the maximum ram support for the new 2nd gen ryzen 32 core?

its still a bit pricey at the moment but I found a motherboard compatable with both the 16 core and 32 core.  but its showing maximum ram support as 64gb.  Does anyone know the max support for the 32?

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

pixelcomposer, what is the Main Board?  Usually the maximum in most boards I have seen is 128 GB.  I have never seen a limit for the processor but suspect it is more than 128GB.  AMD does not seen to want to talk about it.  Are you sure you are not confused with "Total L3 Cache 64MB".  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

pixelcomposer, I did some research and found two answers.  One said 2048 GB (same as W10, BTW) which is 41 bit addresses and 48 bit addresses which would be 256 GB.  I found that in AMD document 54945_PPR_Family_17h_Models_00h-0Fh.pdf.  A quote "The processor supports a 48-bit physical address space."  If you Google the file name, you should find the site that has it and couple of other interesting documents.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Wow ok thnx man. I had a programmer friend say he thought it was 1TB so to find out 2TB is a bit surprising..

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

0 Likes

pixelcomposer, you are welcome.  I think you will find it very difficult to find a board to support these limits.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes