cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

redfury
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Whats the maximum allowed Temperature of Ryzen 1800X CPU?

Jump to solution

I think it is quite safe temperature for this CPU.

Besides, current situation is that Ryzen CPU temperature may vary in wide range in depends of BIOS version.

0 Kudos
lordbuisness
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Thank you for the answer. But I'm now totally confused. Here is said that my 1800x is running 20°C colder than showed in AMD Master Tool.

AMD Ryzen™ Community Update

So the Tjunction max is now at 75°C am i right?

But i thought running the CPU at Tjunction max with throttling is dangerous, also when it is at 75°C?

That means also 75°C is dangerous for 24/7 use?

0 Kudos
Earnhardt
Paragon
Paragon

Jump to solution
redfury
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

1.Update BIOS to the latest version and contact motherboard manufacturer for the explanations. Some version of BIOS may set CPU voltage too high

2.95C or 75C - keeping your CPU at constant Tjunction max temperature can not be good.

3.Try to set CPU voltage manually to 1.2V-1.3V

0 Kudos
pck1980
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I'm confused as well.

Does the AMD Ryzen Master software report the real temperature of the CPU or the temperature with the 20 degree offset?

0 Kudos
gunstarrhero
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

i believe the maximum temperature allowed before burn is 120 c dide(before it melts(core centre process dide) and 210 c silicon relief beofore it spanes. (melts splits, separates, red up/black down (catches fire))

0 Kudos
redfury
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

I think for 1800X and 1700X it will show offset temperature (+20C from real CPU core temperature).

1700 (and below) has no offset temperature and all software will detect its real temperature.

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss
Miniboss

Jump to solution

Upper safe zone is around 80c. It can go up to 85c under 100% load for something like rendering a video or some other heavy threaded task. You really don't want it going to 90c or above since that is too close to the tjmax value and will shorten the lifespan.

Having said all of that, there is 20c offset that applies when the cpu is underload. If you have the MSI X370 XPOWER motherboard the LED debug display will report the operating temperature of the cpu. How accurate this is I am not sure. I have compared temperatures between the motherboard LED and HWmonitor and have seen stuff like HWmonitor reporting 53c when the X370 motherboard's built-in LED displays 73c.

I am using a Noctua NH-D14 though so the cooling unit is robust enough to handle overclocking to 4.0ghz using auto voltage and load line calibration.

0 Kudos
lordbuisness
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

With 85°C safe zone you mean the actual temperature or 85°+20°C offset?

With ryzen CPU you can never reach more than 75°C+20°C offset. It's throttling at this point. Where can i contact amd directly about this question?

0 Kudos