cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

geforce123man
Journeyman III

whats a good midrange fx cpu for a asrock 970 extreme 3 mobo . I was told to look at 95 watt ones , but the motherboard specs say it can handle 140 watt's ?

So I have a budget of $140 what is a good midrange fx cpu for a asrock 970 extreme 3 mobo

0 Likes
3 Replies
iceman016021
Adept I

Re: whats a good midrange fx cpu for a asrock 970 extreme 3 mobo . I was told to look at 95 watt ones , but the motherboard specs say it can handle 140 watt's ?

With your budget, FX-8320E seems to be a good choice.

95w, under load, the CPU temperature is relatively low, which is a good thing.

For everyday computing, the performance is satisfying, as well as gaming.

Of course you can go for an 125w+ CPU like FX-8350 for better performance,

but it also brings more heat and higher power consumption.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: whats a good midrange fx cpu for a asrock 970 extreme 3 mobo . I was told to look at 95 watt ones , but the motherboard specs say it can handle 140 watt's ?

Agree with the advice above, the FX8320E is a solid choice.

techguy
Forerunner

Asrock like many mobo makers lists all the CPU models supported and the necessary BIOS update required to run a specific model CPU. The BIOS may need to be updated before you can run a newer CPU model. Check the Asrock website for  Supported CPUs for your specific model mobo and any mobo Revision, (Rev).