cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

andres_paiva
Adept II

What type of thermal paste do you recommend to use?

What type of thermal paste do you recommend to use in a Ryzen 5 2400G?

Of metallic, ceramic or carbon type?

Thanks a lot again.

0 Likes
9 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

andres.paiva, my personal opinion:  I use Arctic Silver5.  I really think it makes little difference as long as you use a reputable company's.  Anantech site has a really good test of many, including liquid metal (Avoid!) down to tooth paste.  Except for the two extremes, very little difference.  Enjoy, John.

Here in Argentina, in my town (Rosario city, in Santa Fe state) I can get a carbon paste that has no risk of electrical conductivity, the Arctic MX-4. Do not confuse with Arctic Silver, it's a different brand. The website of them looks professional, I suppose (search in Google "Arctic MX-4").

I think it's safer than the metallic type, especially for me, because I'm inexperienced and I can spill it on the sides.

What do you think?

0 Likes

andres.paiva, I think that will be fine.  There is a regular poster here who is a strong supporter - surprised not seeing a reply.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

Thanks man.

0 Likes

You are very welcome, andres.paiva.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

andres.paiva wrote:

Here in Argentina, in my town (Rosario city, in Santa Fe state) I can get a carbon paste that has no risk of electrical conductivity, the Arctic MX-4. Do not confuse with Arctic Silver, it's a different brand. The website of them looks professional, I suppose (search in Google "Arctic MX-4").

I think it's safer than the metallic type, especially for me, because I'm inexperienced and I can spill it on the sides.

What do you think?

I use MX-4 and it does its job well. I use very small amounts for video cards and processors, 1/2 of a BB worth is more than enough.

Thank you. 

PD: What is "BBS"?

0 Likes

typo, should be BB which is pretty small

misterj wrote:

andres.paiva, my personal opinion:  I use Arctic Silver5.  I really think it makes little difference as long as you use a reputable company's.  Anantech site has a really good test of many, including liquid metal (Avoid!) down to tooth paste.  Except for the two extremes, very little difference.  Enjoy, John.

only thing missing is fecal material

0 Likes