cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rboone202020
Journeyman III

What Is The Required Torque For Installating A Threadripper CPU?

Folks,

A couple of days ago I put together a Ryzen 1950x Threadripper into an MSI X399 Carbon motherboard, GTX 1060 graphics card, Samsung 960 NVMe M.2 drive, Enermax Liqutech 360 mm cooler etc.  Things worked well, the machine posted and I installed Windows ... things were good.   Today, I get an Ad "Ready to Boot Event" on the board and no graphic display at all, no post or anything.   I called AMD and the call was pretty brief.  The fellow said, "reseat everything".

In short, I'm embarrassed to say I lost the Torx wrench supplied with Threadripper.   This post ... AMD's Ryzen Threadripper 1920X and Ryzen Threadripper 1950X CPUs reviewed - The Tech Report - Page 2 is the only one I can find that speaks of torque, 1.5 newton meters.   Can anyone confirm that?   I don't know if I can find a wrench with that precision, but will try. 

Any other thoughts on my error are appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Randy

Message was edited by: Matt B

We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

0 Likes
2 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

1.5 is correct.

0 Likes

Thank you, Matt.   I've picked up a torque screwdriver with the proper inch-pounds (13 or so), a bit, and I should be good to go.  Hopefully I can get the machine to post again!

Thanks again,

Randy

0 Likes