cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

What is the biggest/best processor could be fitted to my rather lowly M3A32-MVP DELUXE mother board?

I am trying to max out the motherboard so that maybe my boys could use it for some gaming.

AMD Phenom X4 9600 Black Edition (current processor)

RAM 8gb

Raid HHD's

ASUS AMD RX 550 RX550-4G 128-Bit GDDR5 Memory DisplayPort/HDMI/DL-DVI-D PCI Express Graphics Card Black 

as you can guess I am working on much limited budget, for the max processor will the cooler below be enough to get by?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07169MJHJ/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1O...

be kind I am an old man according to my kids and just trying to make the best out of what we got

cheers all                                                                                                                 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Adept III
Adept III

Re: What is the biggest/best processor could be fitted to my rather lowly M3A32-MVP DELUXE mother board?

with a BIOS update, it can take Phenom II CPU: either X4 970 or X6 1100T are the best possible. But you shall find sellers want rather high price for them, so might want to look for the second-fastest instead.

Also note that since that is an AM2+ mainboard, you do not get full advantage of the Phenom II CPU (DDR3 and faster Hypertransport)