cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

destroavenger
Newcomer

what is going on? computer boots windows 10 pro. any game that I try only gets about 30-50fps, 16gb mem, gtx 1660 super, 3700x processor

I dont know what is going on. bought a new ibuypower amd 3700x, asrock b450m-ibw i think its custom with custom firmware 1.50, 16 g of adata 2666, dont know what the power suppy is but i know it works. gtx 1660 super g card. cant run ANY game above 30-50 fps, mouse jumps all over the screen at times, updates all drivers to current to no avail, switched to high performance mode in the power settings to no avail, went into and made sure all 8 cores were being accessed. cpuid dosent even benchmark with the compared same processor.Annotation 2020-05-17 162159.jpg

0 Likes
10 Replies
mccharle
Elite

hello,

can you post a screenshot with Ryzen Master and cores frequencies please ?

I think you have all cores locked at 500-600MHz.

0 Likes

Heres the screen shots when at Idle and loaded.  I noticed the freq. of the cores jumped around at idle going from at least 300 up to 900 and or some of them sleep.  I also loaded the cpu with cpuid and they all jumped up and stayed steady at their respective 4.3 but,  the cpuid test still shows the same score while been tested.  I have another computer with the 3700x in it paired with a msi 470x pro MB and 16g of 3200 and it works just fine and dandy. Top one is idle and the bottom one is loaded with cpuid.

Annotation 2020-05-18 104452.jpg

Annotation 2020-05-18 104742.jpg

0 Likes

I'm a bit disappointed, you have an IPC very very low at full speed never seen before.

EDC seem high compared with other values.

Have you compared your 2 CPU 3700X on Ryzen Master with CPU-Z bench ?

Have you inverted the CPU ?

Maybe defective, I just check my old FX8350 and found better score.

Also on bios disable all OC, PBO ....

0 Likes

I'm somewhat new to this.  Can you clarify inverting the cpu please?

0 Likes

Sorry I'm french and sometimes I use confusing word.

If you have two CPU 3700x, you can try to switch them. Be advised, doing this without experience may damage the CPU. Take care on CPU pins when you manipulate them.

Also like black_zion wrote above, enable SMT on bios and/or contact iBuyPower.

0 Likes

Well? I guess I fixed it? I was screwing around the bios not changing any voltages but setting everything that had and option to enable to enable and it worked?? So I reset the bios again and started individually setting them back to enable 1 by 1 and found out that If I go under AMD CBS\NBIO options\XFR Enhancement of the Bios menus and sub-menus and set LN2 to enabled its performing similar to my non problematic machine with an AMD 3700x. Heres a screen shot. Remind you this screen shot is when the bios was competley reset and LN2 was the only option set to enable, everything else was default . Now I dont know much of what I'm looking at but the cpuid score is the only thing I could deem that its working. If anything seems off or I should try to change something in the bios please let me know. The MB is an ASRock B450M-IBW custom bios from ibuypower

Annotation 2020-05-19 103924.jpg

0 Likes

LN2 option is used for cold boot when other clocking with Liquid nitrogen.

It's down many voltages, also I can see your Vcore a bit lesser than the first post.

Also control mode is now on default mode, the first is on OC.

If all works, don't touch anything else.

0 Likes

So the PPT and the EDC are ok?  Just asking cause they are in the red 

0 Likes

yes, as expected when you full use the CPU.

0 Likes

You need to contact iBuyPower since it's their machine and see if there's a BIOS update, because I see from your screenshot it's showing 8 threads, which means SMT isn't working, and something is seriously F'd up with your machine, and I seriously doubt it's as simple as SMT being disabled in BIOS.

0 Likes