cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lucifercannibal
Journeyman III

What is EDC and should I be worried about these recordings?

I recently started using the  AMD RYZEN MASTER and I saw the EDC reach 98% whilst playing on Assassin's Creed Odyssey, I am unsure on what this is and if this is bad or not, could someone help? Thanks.

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

lucifercannibal, yes you do need to worry about it.  Please DL a copy of the RM QRG, here.  EDC is a measure of current you processor is using.  When it turns red, the processor is throttled.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT:  In the future, please do not chop up RM screenshots - post the entire window,

0 Likes

Here is the whole picture of RM, do you know what I could do to fix this issue? When it hits 98% EDC I still do not see any performance drop or anything like that so I am unsure if it is just a glitch or not.pastedImage_2.png

0 Likes

Thanks,  lucifercannibal.  I will be glad to help, but it will need to be in an hour or so.  In the meantime, please DL and spend a little time with the QRG.  Thanks and enjoy.  Later, John.

BTW, the bottom of the RM screenshot is still cut off.

0 Likes

lucifercannibal, I am really short on time but will make some comments.  If you are happy with your current performance you do not need to do anything.  Your processor has protested itself and will run fine here.  You do have over 30C room on temperature and 300 MHz room on maximum boost.  Please look at page 27 in the QRG.  To start, select Profile 1 or 2 then select PBO, you will see PPT, TDC and EDC exposed at their maximum allowed values (By MB).    You should reduce them to a value a little above where you were limiting before.  Click Apply and I suggest running RM test.  It may take several iterations to get this like you want.  I have to leave but will return in a couple of hours.  Please post any questions you may have.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I edited the EDC and it seems to be in the green however, the EDC now says "2% of 245A" instead of  90A, is this okay?
Also the PPT still hits 86% during the stress testpastedImage_1.pngIf I keep the EDC at 90A even though it still hits 98% but there is no impact on performance or major temperature increase, is that fine or still worrying?

0 Likes

Thanks,  lucifercannibal.  As I said above, not changing anything is fine.  Ryzen is throttling to protect itself.  If you are happy, leave it.  The bottom of the screenshot is still cut off - the slider on the right needs to be pulled down.  Please reread by above post.   After setting PBO then PPT, TDC and EDC will go to the max and can only be lowered.  PPT leave alone,TDC lower to 70, lower EDC to about 110.  Your RM two screenshots are not the same load.  Please try to duplicate the same load.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes