cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

starinfo
Adept I

What core voltage is considered normal for Ryzen 5 3600?

What core voltage is considered normal for Ryzen 5 3600?

At peak times my voltage rises to 1.43-1.45 is this normal?

With my Zalman CNPS10X Performa+ temperature in load is more then 75 

31 Replies

I have the same CPU and when playing demanding games the voltage does jump up to increase performance was well as the clock speeds leap up to gaming mode

0 Likes

what is the temperature under load in game mode?

0 Likes

My CPU may get to 65C-70C as I use a larger cooler and my video card may get to 80C saturated

0 Likes

for autooc, pbo, or stock settings its fine cuz amd is controlling itself, for fixedd voltage go less then 1.28,  try disable pbo, enable CPPC, then fix 1.2625V and 4.2ghz core ratio, i think your temps will go down alot and  get better multicore performance/score,  run cinebench r20 and report results

0 Likes

also, whats your gpu? my overclocked 2070super ( 2 overclocks actualy, 1 becouse its OC edition and 1 done be me  with auto overclock from aorus software) dont got higher then 69º playing cod mw almost max settings dxr disabled at 1440p in a hot room

0 Likes
ingvarr
Adept I

I have a similar problem with temperature

ryzen5 3600+ x570 A Pro MSI Motherboard and good cooler Arctic Cooling Freezer 34 eSports DUO( 2x120 fans? 210 TDP heat dissipation); case Zalman Z1 NEO

In games cpu load 10-35% and temperature jumps between 62-68° if load not more 20% and 70°+ if loard more 20%

In work today im fixed 81°С

AIDA stresstest give result 88-89°C and im think its realy hot

So, what operating temperature should this processor have?

Give information on the percentage of load and temperature -at how many % what temperature is normal and what is already elevated?

0 Likes
roger40
Adept II

Default setting or auto oc cpu jumps to 1.45+V for no reason at all as the performance is bad anyways it also increase temps too much, go with manual OC and get better Voltage  much better temps and actual improved perfoamnce, im doing 4250mhz all core 1.28 V  gaming at 52-56º instead of default 70

0 Likes

You just set the bios voltage to 1.28 and that's it? Or are there any other parameters you need to configure?

enabled all settings that says CPPC , this is under advanced tab in my bios then cpu something and saibled pbo, this is under ai tweak in my bios. Then now im runing 1.2625 Voltages and cpu core ratio of 42 or 4.2 cant remember but you will be able to guess, that means 4200mhz,  i did the procedure to find my FIT voltage and for me is safe to go till 2.85-2.9

roger40
Adept II

disabled pbo*
the voltage is set under CPU core voltage, it my case i think its says VPPD COU core voltage

0 Likes

I set the voltage to 1.26250 and with a frequency of 4.3 everything works fine and heats even less than with the default value

0 Likes

But I did not find the option to lower the frequency to idle and now it is constantly 4.3

0 Likes

I have no words...
Cinebench R20 shows a frequency of 3.95 

pastedImage_1.png

at the same time, Aida shows 4.3
pastedImage_2.png
Ryzen master 4.3

pastedImage_3.png

CPU-Z also 4.3

How can this be and who can be trusted?

0 Likes

ryzen master is reporting idle speed of 4.3? thats super weird, i understand that hwinfo shows it, but for me ryzen master shows the cores going idle , working at like 2 ghz etc, also you either very lucky or you done something very wrong. 3600 runing 4.3 at 1.2625 ?? did you run cinebench r20 multi core test??

0 Likes

is that ryzen master pic taken during cinebench r20? if yes its normal.  but at idle ( try close all backgrounds app) it shouldnt show it. 

0 Likes
roger40
Adept II

also when you set manual overclock the volatge wont drop as it is a fixed voltage thats why a voltage lower then 1.29 is recomended for 99% cases cuz thats safe, to be extra carefull i wont set mine higher then 2.8 as the vrms of motherboard and load line calibration can pump it a bit sometimes even on most soft settings

0 Likes

Below is a screenshot during renderingpastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

ryzen master shows that the cores are inactive, but the rest of the system sees them as 4.3

0 Likes

Ryzen supports core parking when the load is minimal such as at idle, some cores are are not used to reduce the thermal load more.

Core parking is part of the EPA energy star campaign to reduce demand for power.

0 Likes

the minimum voltage that I tried was 1.15, while the processor was running at a frequency of 4.2 and cinebench r20 showed a result of 3716

0 Likes

if you use hwinfo you see "core clock" always at your core fixed speed (4.2) but ryzen master shows yuou their true value asweel as hwinfo at "core effective clock".  your speed seems good as you can see in ryzen master, the frequency was low then you start the render and all cores went to a good speed. if temps are good and volts are no more then 1.29 theres nothing to worry about

0 Likes

i wish i could run 4.3 below 1.315v on my 3600x, whats your score at 1.2625 V and 4.3ghz on cinebench r20 multi core? Did you changed LLC (load line calibration) in bios ? 

The score is 3787

pastedImage_1.png

I don't use LLC, but Precision Boost Overdrive is auto

i disabled pbo in bios and LLC at auto, your score is very good, the best possible for 3600 non x without super crazy V

0 Likes

starinfo wrote:

the minimum voltage that I tried was 1.15, while the processor was running at a frequency of 4.2 and cinebench r20 showed a result of 3716

I recommend using the BIOS defaults (enable UEFI) and that should keep your CPU cool enough to last a long time.

0 Likes

The problem is that just the default values heat up the system more than necessary ...
And the voltage of 1.47 seems generally strange

0 Likes

I also agreed if not for one but ..
If in a simple case coolers start spinning up to 3000 rpm and the noise is at the level of a vacuum cleaner, the temperature is 60-65 degrees, then it’s worth considering that something is wrong

0 Likes

If that processor is hot at defaults then you should RMA it. More than likely you just have a lemon. If you do RMA it don't mention al the tinkering or that you use after market cooling. Running other than defaults voids the processor warranty. Just tell them it overheats at stock settings.

I have 2 3600's and a 3700x and none are that hot. I use a hyper 212 evo on them and none go higher than 72 under full load. 

0 Likes
ingvarr
Adept I

it will be necessary to try your methods on the weekend; otherwise the temperature at a load of 70-80% can exceed 85°C and it doesn't look like a processor with a reserve for the future

0 Likes
starinfo
Adept I

A friend has a ryzen 3600 on the ASUS x570 motherboard, he has temperatures out of the box 50 in idle and 60 at load, the box cooler. I don’t understand how it can work differently for everyone ...

0 Likes

The BIOS is usually standardized but some tweak settings better than others

0 Likes