cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

What are AMD recomended voltage values for Ryzen 5 1600 CPU?

I was looking for some table or guide line which would show exact values for voltage and any other key settings that should be set in BIOS for correct CPU operation. User report vast range of different setting for the same CPU. I don't want values for OC, just standard manufactuer recommended values.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: What are AMD recomended voltage values for Ryzen 5 1600 CPU?

Leave the voltages on Auto, they will be properly set.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yes normally I keep to auto settings but what if they go up and down? What is the safe level? They can be as low as 1.3V and go up to 1.5V? is that safe?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

For stock operation you can set it to about 1.3-1.35v and you'll be covered even for XFR. 1.5V is definitely not a safe voltage for long-term use.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

It will fluctuate based on load and if it goes into turbo frequencies, perfectly normal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Provided it goes all the way up to 1.5V with no OC, that seems like really bad advice. You never want it going higher than 1.45V if you care about CPU lifespan. Those auto settings are meant to cover even the lowest end silicone quality. I seriously recommend setting a manual value over the auto setting.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Assuming the OP isn't using the buggy BIOS many manufacturers released, the voltages set, if they're being read accurately, which they aren't always are as you can see AIDA64, CPU-Z, Speccy, and ASUS AI Suite fail to report the correct voltages even though I manually set mine to 1.375v, aren't going to kill the chip.

0 Kudos