cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

xavier11
Newcomer

What alternative do I have in AMD in comparison with the Intel i9 i9900k?

I'm tired of paying a lot of money in Intel products when AMD have products of very nice quality. My graphic cards are AMD so I am thinking to move on and purchase an AMD processor for my next PC.

However, I don't know what processor should I buy?

I want the same or a superior performance in comparison with the Intel i9 i9900k

What AMD processor should I buy?

Cheers

0 Likes
6 Replies

Well the Ryzen 7 2700X is about 20% slower than the 9900K, but is only $300 vs $500. The Ryzen 3000 series is being released in a few months (or couple of months), and should close the gap to between 10% and 0%, and perhaps even be faster, the only thing we know for sure is that it's on its B0 stepping, and will officially support DDR4-4000.

0 Likes

Yes wait for the next generation Ryzen. It will have proper AVX256 (one area where Intel wins). Plus less power and PCIe 4.0

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

black_zion, please tell us where to get this information and how about DDR5?

rwd4ever, same request.

I have heard that PCIe4 and DDR5 were due last year and surely this year.

Thanks to both and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Biostar's  X570 motherboard runs memory up to DDR4-4000. As for DDR5, it's unlikely to be seen until 2021 when AMD moves to a new socket (or 2020, depending on what the definition of "through 2020" is) as AMD still states all AM4 CPUs will work with all chipsets, and since DDR5 doesn't work in DDR4 slots, it wouldn't make any sense to have a dual memory controller for DDR5. Not such a bad thing though, DDR4 is finally getting affordable.

Credit: Biostar

0 Likes

Thanks much, black_zion.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

We'll find out more over the next month. Navi and Ryzen 3000 will be revealed at Computex and E3, though which one at which is only known to AMD. If I had to guess Ryzen 3000 and the 500 series chipsets will be revealed first since Lisa Su will be the keynote speaker, and since they're likely to have a much larger impact than Navi will financially speaking.

0 Likes